Invitation to coach at the Berlin Geekettes Hackathon OTS Prep School

Amélie Anglade

Feb 20, 2013, 3:10:56 AM2/20/13
to coaches...@opentechschool.org, coaches...@opentechschool.org, coaches...@opentechschool.org, coach...@opentechschool.org, coach...@opentechschool.org, coaches...@opentechschool.org, coaches...@opentechschool.org, coaches...@opentechschool.org, discuss...@opentechschool.org
Dear Berlin-based OTS coaches and OTS friends,

As you probably already know, the OpenTechSchool is cohosting the Berlin Geekettes Hackthon the first weekend of March.

As such the OpenTechSchool is hosting a "Prep School" on Friday, March 1st at 7pm for participants to teach those of them that are not experienced hackers about APIs and how to use them (independent of the programming language). And as always we want this to be a hands-on experience, which as many participants get as much out of as possible. We (Duana, Tiffany, Emily and I) are already preparing learners material, but we need more people to come along and assist the participants with all sorts of programming languages and answer their questions about APIs and hacking in general.

After a session about what APIs are and how to use them, we'll split up into smaller groups in which certain topics (like git, Android, iOS, hardware or specific APIs) will be discussed. And we need more experts helping us with that. Don't worry, you are not required to come for more than that evening. Drinks and snacks will be provided by the Berlin Geekettes, if you have any tutorials or training materials which could be helpful, please feel free to bring them along.

So if you are a hackathon expert, you are free for the evening March 1st and are interested to coaching at the OTS Prep School please RSVP at PrepS...@OpenTechSchool.org stating your name and the technologies and languages you are an expert in.

In order to have a big variety of languages and technologies present and due to the limited space, please understand that we might not be able to invite all of you (but we'll try!). So please only come if you've received a confirming answer to your RSVP.

Thanks
Amélie

P.S.: If that isn't clear yet, you are not required to be a woman to coach at the OTS Prep School ;) .