v2.12 release fyi

1 view

Joey Armstrong

Jun 1, 2023, 2:59:29 PM6/1/23
to VOLTHA Discuss, voltha-...@opencord.org
Hi,

Given the VOLTHA v2.12 release on the way I am going to get an early start on some of the release builds.  The reason for this is some release steps can take a looooooong time.

ONOS dependencies:
Component and app builds individually can require upwards of 10 hours to build and deploy
artifacts into Maven Central.  Components are also built in a versioned hierarchy, having to serialize builds will require several days to complete under ideal circumstances (clean jenkins jobs).

After speaking with TSTs and knowing the ONOS adapter linkage has not changed (a golang replacement is being worked on), it should be relatively safe to prebuild components prior to the release date to reduce blockage.

Also a new "release matrix" confluence page similar to the one used during v2.11 has been created for tracking release details (packages/versions/jira tickets/jenkins):
For convenience links have also been added in the TST agenda wiki.  Feel free to update status or add jira tickets for tracking as needed.

Let me know if there are any questions or if bumping ONOS component
version(s) will cause problems for anyone.

--
-- Joey

Joey Armstrong
Open Networking Foundation
New York (EST)

Torsten Thieme

Jun 2, 2023, 2:37:25 AM6/2/23
to Joey Armstrong, VOLTHA Discuss, voltha-...@opencord.org

Hi Joey,

Just a small reminder: Current ONOS Version of LTS 2.11 is still a very old one and a wrong one too. We already discussed it on a TST meeting a long time before.
So please correct ONOS Version of LTS 2.11 first! It has to include changes by Gustavo, I think it was from November 2022, but not sure.

Thanks a lot.

BR Torsten

Joey Armstrong

Jun 2, 2023, 10:08:03 AM6/2/23