VOLTHA 2.10 Release

Campanella, Andrea

Jul 1, 2022, 3:16:44 AM7/1/22
to voltha-...@opennetworking.org, timon
Hello all,

Today we released VOLTHA 2.10.
With VOLTHA already in production deployments with DT and TT , and a LTS release out the 2.10 release focused on several enhancements and new features.
In VOLTHA 2.10 we introduced FTTB, enhanced scale to 4096 subscriber, ensured Rolling software upgrade capabilities. A frameworks for COMBO PON support was implemented, alongside Extended Message Support from OMCI, paired with Unknown ME handling and ONU delete and rediscovery. ONOS has been moved to 2.5.8 and the Apps extended with more REST APIs. Several bugs have been addressed, especially around stale memory and panics. A huge effort was placed in enhancing documentation.

VOLTHA 2.10 finally introduces a new certified OLT, Zyxel SDA3016SS Combo OLT. Test suites have been expanded, with new FTTB tests in bbsim and hardware, memory leak test and the whole new TIM sanity suite. We are now running a total of more than 1100 test combinations nightly.

Read more about it in the release notes. In it you will find the highlights of this release, together with the component versions and known-issues. Please note that the official VOLTHA documentation site has also been updated.

During VOLTHA 2.10 also the collaboration with BBF started, making a proposal for models extension and starting the code of the bbf-northbound-voltha-adapter.

As always, we thank the SEBA/VOLTHA community and TST for their continued engagement and enthusiasm, and look forward to the feedback from the current operator’s production deployments of VOLTHA & ONOS.

With this release the VOLTHA project transitions to a more community lead mode, with less involvement from the ex-ONF team, Andrea, Girish, Hardik and Matteo who have transitioned to Intel. Personally we’d like to say that is has been a blast of a journey, for some longer, back when VOLTHA was a PoC at ATT, for some shorter, starting with the Surge, but for all of us it was really a great learning experience where friends were made and where we personally grew in knowledge, experience and as individuals. None of this would have been remotely possible without the help, knowledge sharing, kindness and strength of the VOLTHA community, which has evolved over the years. Thanks!

Please join the ONF team on a deep dive into VOLTHA 2.10 on Tuesday 11th of January. Registration

- Andrea, on behalf of ONF Team

INTEL CORPORATION ITALIA S.p.A. con unico socio
Sede: Milanofiori Palazzo E 4
CAP 20094 Assago (MI)
Capitale Sociale Euro 104.000,00 interamente versato
Partita I.V.A. e Codice Fiscale  04236760155
Repertorio Economico Amministrativo n. 997124
Registro delle Imprese di Milano nr. 183983/5281/33
Soggetta ad attivita' di direzione e coordinamento di
INTEL CORPORATION, USA

Campanella, Andrea

Jul 1, 2022, 12:05:52 PM7/1/22
to voltha-...@opennetworking.org, timon
Quick remark, sorry for my mistake, the Techinar is Thursday July 7th 9 AM PST.

See you there,
Andrea Campanella -- Intel