Re: [stratum-dev] Stratum vs Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Brian O'Connor

May 10, 2021, 5:33:05 PM5/10/21
to Fernando Henrique Santorsula, strat...@lists.stratumproject.org
(Adding the mailing list for quicker replies and broader community visibility)

Stratum doesn't run in the kernel; it runs in user space. There should be no issues running on linux 5.4.

In terms of the kernel, the Stratum target for Broadcom uses the Broadcom OpenNSA API, which has a few kernel modules. You may be able to recompile these modules for whatever kernel version you need; the sources are here:

Out of curiosity, what is the ASIC or switching target that you plan to use for your project? Would BMv2 work (that would be entirely software with no kernel specific code)?

Thanks, and sorry for the delayed reply!

Brian

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM Fernando Henrique Santorsula <f20...@dac.unicamp.br> wrote:
Hi Brian, how are you?

My name is Fernando, I am from Brazil (Indaiatuba / São Paulo), and I need to ask a question about Stratum please!

I am a master student in Computer Engineering and I need Strato OS to transform it into a programmable access point in P4

However used in the kernel: 5.4.0-72-generic and is not a version listed in the link:

https://github.com/stratum/stratum/blob/main/stratum/hal/bin/bcm/standalone/README.md

Could you tell me an installation source where I can install Stratum in this kernel version: 5.4.0-72-generic and run Stratum for my search request please? If Stratum does not support this kernel version, could you please inform me, any other software that does the same job as Stratum, in this kernel I mentioned, running on Ubuntu 18.04?

I thank you for reading and I await your return as soon as possible, I am concerned because I have 30 days to present this project, due to health problems, I was unable to do the work before, could you help me with this technical matter please? Thank you very much Brian, take care of yourself, a hug.

--
Regards,

Fernando Henrique Santorsula
UNICAMP - Campinas/SP