[stratum-dev] Help with Stratum Cassini Scenario

Fabio David

Mar 18, 2021, 3:25:52 PM3/18/21
to strat...@lists.stratumproject.org, marcos....@rnp.br
Hi,

My name is Fabio David, and I am a PhD student at UFRJ (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro). Marcos Schwarz, copied in this email, is R&D manager at RNP (Brazilian Research and Education Network).

We are currently building a Stratum lab with P4 Stordis switches (BF2556X-1T-A1F) and Edgecore Casssini transponders, using ONOS (Trellis/ODTN) as control plane, inspired by the DCI scenario presented at ONF Connect 2019 (https://onfconnect2019.sched.com/event/RwPf/stratums-new-capabilities-optical-transport-support-for-cassini-chassis)

Unfortunately, we did not find any specific documentation on how to compile and run Stratum pipelines for Cassini, as well as configuration examples. Could you please provide us with links to this information?

At this moment, we are trying to replicate the code obtained at https://github.com/Yi-Tseng/onos-ocp-demo, which we believe contains the pipeline specific for Broadcom Cassini. We added Tofino pipeline available at https://github.com/opencord/fabric-tofino for the Stordis switches.

Currently, our tests are failing to install the MPLS rules in the Cassini. Also, we couldn't find out how to configure optical connectivity via Stratum APIs.

We managed to replicate these rules errors with main.p4 pipeline using BMV2 in Stratum Mininet.

We believe that there should be some additional configuration used in the demo scenario.

Could you please help us?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio David