[stratum-dev] Stratum 2021-06-30 release is available!

Brian O'Connor

Jul 9, 2021, 1:41:48 PM7/9/21
to strat...@lists.stratumproject.org, stratum-...@lists.stratumproject.org, Maximilian Pudelko, Yi Tseng
We are pleased to announce the Stratum 2021-06-30 release (or 21.06 for short).

This release is chock full of features and fixes for Stratum's Intel Barefoot Tofino target, including support for two new SDE revisions, deflect on drop, and initial experimental support for QoS.

Stratum Tofino packages now include BSP support for the Wedge100BF, and users on those targets can select between the BSP or the JSON port mapping at startup. The JSON port mapping remains the standard approach that Stratum uses on all existing Tofino targets. The BSP provides better support for optical transceivers and supports additional hardware like gearboxes and retimers. We expect to increase the number of platforms that offer BSP support in future releases, and we encourage vendors to work with us to package their BSPs in Stratum.

In this release, Stratum now has support for finer grained control over logging via gNMI (see the release notes for more details). Stratum no longer listens for gRPC connections on port 28000 by default; users need to migrate to the registered IANA ports: 9339 for gNMI and 9559 for P4Runtime.

Pre-built Docker images and Debian packages, along with a more extensive changelist, are available in the GitHub release page:

Enjoy!
Brian, Max, Yi and the rest of the Stratum team