[stratum-announce] Stepping down from Stratum TST

Antonin Bas

Oct 4, 2019, 8:00:35 PM10/4/19
to stratum-...@lists.stratumproject.org
Hi Stratum community,

As some of you may know, I recently moved from Barefoot Networks / Intel to VMware. While I will be able to stay involved in the P4.org community and in particular the P4 API Working Group (which maintains the P4Runtime API), I will not be able to keep the same level of involvement in other ONF projects and in particular Stratum. While I intend to keep contributing to bmv2 and the bmv2 Stratum integration, it will mostly be on my own time. Given this, I feel it is better and only fair that I step down from the Stratum TST, and leave my spot to someone who will be more involved in the project and foster involvement from his employer. I let Brian know about my decision a couple of weeks ago. My understanding is that there will be a new TST election in the near future as part of the Stratum open-sourcing. It has been a real pleasure to serve on the TST and I sincerely hope I can stay involved in the project.

Best,

Antonin

Brian O'Connor

Oct 7, 2019, 7:52:31 PM10/7/19
to Antonin Bas, stratum-...@lists.stratumproject.org
Thanks, Antonin, for all that you've done for the project during the incubation phases! We (the community) definitely owe you one, and hope to see you around from time to time!

The ONF is currently soliciting nominations for the Stratum TST. If you'd like to nominate yourself or someone else, please let me know by Oct. 18th.

TST Election Schedule
10/3/19 - 10/18/19: Nominations and voting list creation
10/21/19 - 11/1/19: Voting

If you'd like to learn more about Stratum's governance, you can read more here: https://github.com/stratum/stratum/wiki/Governance

- Brian