Re: [sdran-dev] SD-RAN Deployment Release Choose

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 9, 2021, 3:25:19 AM11/9/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com

Hi Annie,

Currently supported E2SM KPM version is 2.0.3 (pre-standard, the one which is used in DT trial). E2SM KPMv1 was never fully implemented, some functionality is missing. Please see previous e-mail thread with Stanley.

May I ask you, what is the reason to use KPMv1?

In current SD-RAN release, 1.3, we do support E2AP v1.01, but E2SM KPMv1 was deprecated in the Ran-Simulator and E2T. However, the source code for E2SM KPMv1 is still present in the onos-e2-sm repository and the latest image for KPMv1 was published with the tag v0.7.69, but we've never tested it with the latest SD-RAN release.

I think, you can make use of this image and deploy the latest SD-RAN release, if you don't need KPMv1 support in Ran-Simulator, but it would require some hand tweaks with the helm charts to enable KPMv1 on E2T. Please clarify if E2T still have internals to support KPMv1 with Adib as well as the steps to do so.

If you still want to use KPMv1, E2AP v1.01 and don't want to bother with tags tweaking, the best pick for you would be SD-RAN 1.2.

Regarding the possibility of smooth upgrade from SD-RAN 1.2 to SD-RAN 1.3 please contact Raphael or Adib.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 09.11.2021 12:20, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,

  I am Annie from Sercomm. Here some questions, please help to verify.

  If we want to use the E2AP V1.01 and E2SM KPMv1 for gNB CU, which release of SD-RAN should we deploy? 1.2 or 1.3 Release?
  If we deploy the RIC with SD-RAN 1.2 release now, can we upgrade the RIC to SD-RAN 1.3 release in the future directly?

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═
SCPU-RSD1/SmallCell Product Unit小基站產品中心
Sercomm Technologies Corporation中磊電子
Tel: 86-512-67612332 Ext.1360
E-mail: anni...@sdc.sercomm.com
本郵件內容可能為機密,未經授權切勿轉寄、散佈、複製或公開;若非指定之收件人,請刪除本郵件。
All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Nov 9, 2021, 11:21:53 AM11/9/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com
Annie,
For using release 1.3, the E2 node should support E2 connection update and Config update that allows RIC to add/remove new connections and also inform RIC about the E2 node that is associated with a new connection. There is no point in supporting kpm v1 anymore and that is why we remove it from E2T and ransim.

Thanks,
Adib

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 12, 2021, 3:23:15 AM11/12/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the delayed answer - I'm on PTO this week.

Please consult this RiaB issue with Woojong.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 12.11.2021 13:00, Brand...@SDC.SERCOMM.com wrote:
Hi Ivan:

        As i asked before. Our E2 riab server deployed in the network environment which is access to google, and i used commands in your web "make clean;make riab VER=v1.3.0" to move the server to the network environment which can access to domestic network,but it cant set up successfully.
        Can you tell me how to fix the issue? Thx.

Br
Brandon Wu

From:        Brandon Wu/China
To:        "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@SDC.SERCOMM.com, Bran...@SDC.SERCOMM.COM, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@SDC.SERCOMM.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        11/10/2021 08:31 PM
Subject:        RE: [sdran-dev] SD-RAN Deployment Release Choose

Hi Ivan:

        Our code is only support KPMv1,so our server need to use KPMv1.
        Beside, When install the server,i met the issue that onos-config cant be set up,can you tell me what is the problem or how to debug the issue?

Br
Brandon Wu

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 12, 2021, 2:34:42 PM11/12/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Only with the message you shared, I cannot start debugging.

Could you show me the onos-config log and detailed descriptions?

You can use this:
$ kubectl logs -f onos-config -n <namespace> -c onos-config
$ kubeclt describe po <onos-config-pod-name> -n <namespace>

BTW, as Adib said, the latest SD-RAN release does not support KPM 1.0.

If you want to use KPM 1.0, you should use SD-RAN release 1.1.1 or 1.0.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 12:59 AM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Ivan:
        Okay.

Hi Woojoong:

        Can you help?

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Nov 15, 2021, 11:21:05 AM11/15/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com
Annie,
SD-RAN release 1.3 is based on E2AP v2 which is not backward compatible with E2AP 1.01. So if you still need to use E2AP 1.01, you should stick to release 1.2.
SD-RAN release 1.3 is also required E2 node supports E2AP Connection Update and Configuration Update for adding/removing connections from E2T.

Thanks,
Adib

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 7:35 PM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,

We are following the E2AP v1.01 in our implementation. For the same E2 SETUP REQUEST content(except for the RAN Function OID), when testing with the release 1.0 (which Stanley used before), RIC will reply the setup response message, but when testing with release 1.3, RIC shows decode failed and didn't reply any message to gNB. What may be the cause for this issue?

For the part of E2 Node Component Configuration Update List in E2 setup request message, we now skip this field, is this necessary for release 1.3?

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>
To:        Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com,
Cc:        "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com
Date:        11/10/2021 12:22 AM

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 15, 2021, 9:54:49 PM11/15/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

I just saw the description file.

It seems weird.

It failed to create volumes.

Could you command `kubectl get describe --all-namespaces | grep Image:` and share the result with me?

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 7:32 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        Okay, here are the log of two commands:(output of describe is too big,i have output it to a file)

        Pls help check,thx.
Br
Brandon Wu

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Nov 16, 2021, 1:53:36 AM11/16/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Annie,
Yes Release 1.2 supports E2AP 1.01 and kpm v2. Perhaps you should provide us the encoded ASN.1 bytes and I will ask one of our developers to check it with encoder/decoder.

Thanks,
Adib

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:38 PM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Adib,

We have tried the test with release 1.2, RIC decoded the E2 Setup Request but it looks there were some error when decoding the RanFunctionDefinition field.
From the SD-RAN 1.2 Release Notes, i see that release 1.2 can support E2AP v1.01 & E2SM-KPM v2, right?
Another question, are there any debug commands which i can use for troubleshooting? I need more debug information now.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 16, 2021, 2:00:07 AM11/16/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Ah sorry. Please use this:

kubectl describe po --all-namespaces | grep Image:

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 10:58 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

  Your command is useless. The Riab version is v1.2.0,Can you help check?

Br
Brandon Wu

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 16, 2021, 5:29:21 AM11/16/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

SD-RAN 1.2 supports KPM v2.0.3 and E2AP v1.01. You can find the ASN definition of KPM v2.0.3 here:

https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2-sm/blob/master/servicemodels/e2sm_kpm_v2/v2/e2sm_kpm_v2.0.3-changed.asn

A command to generate C-code out of the ASN definition is:

asn1c -fcompound-names -fincludes-quoted -fno-include-deps -findirect-choice -gen-PER -no-gen-OER -D. e2sm_kpm_v2.0.3-changed.asn

Please use this asn1c tool:

https://github.com/nokia/asn1c

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 16. 11. 21 11:04, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Adib,

Few questions need to clarify now:

1. We are using E2AP v1.01 & E2SM-KPM v2.00, which release of RIC can we use? Release 1.1 or Release 1.2?
2. If both release 1.1 and release 1.2 can't support E2AP v1.01 & E2SM-KPM v2.00, we may need to upgrade the E2SM-KPM to v2.0.3 so that we can use the release 1.2. In this case, can you help to provide the asn libs with C++?

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        11/16/2021 05:37 PM

Adib,

Sorry, i just find that the E2SM-KPM we were using is v2.00 version.

Can release 1.2 support E2SM-KPM v2.00?

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        11/16/2021 03:00 PM

Adib,

Here the gnb pcap for my test, you can find the E2 setup request content as below.
Please help to check. Thanks!

[attachment "gnb0.pcap" deleted by Annie Li/China]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 16, 2021, 4:57:27 PM11/16/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

I checked the image tag.

You deployed release 1.2, right?

All looks fine except for Atomix controller version. You are using old Atomix controller.

How did you deploy Atomix controller?

Thanks,
Woojoong

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 11:11 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        Here is the output,pls check.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 16, 2021, 10:46:21 PM11/16/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Ok let's do this.

1. First, please reset the test with `make reset-test`
2. Change the RiaB branch to master with `git checkout master`
3. Pull up-to-date RiaB code with `git pull origin master` or `git reset --hard origin/master; git fetch --all origin/master; git reset --hard origin/master`
4. Fetch the latest chart repository with `make fetch-all-charts`
5. Then, make again with `make riab VER=v1.2.0`

It should make correct version of Atomix controller deployed.

Please let me know if there is an issue.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 7:41 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        Yes,we used release v1.2.0.
        I did't deploy Atomix controller specially.I just git the sdran-in-a-box and use cmd "make riab VER=v1.2.0".And i deploy the server successfully in the network which can access to google,the version of Atomix controller is also v0.5.10.

Br
Brandon

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 17, 2021, 1:00:10 PM11/17/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Could you tell me more context about your question `why I still need to download some resources after I had git the resources`?

Which resource and what download do you mean?

Normally, if server crashed, `make clean; make riab VER=...` should always work but please tell be the symptoms.

ping should work - the issue was gRPC connection failed.

Still Atomix controller issue.

After you deployment, could you give me some information like:

1. sdran-in-a-box last commit ID: `$ cd /path/to/sdran-in-a-box; git log -1`
2. all Helm chart version: `$ helm ls --all-namespaces`
3. all Image version: `$ kubectl describe po --all-namespaces | grep Image:`

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 2:28 AM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        I can ping available to the ip(192.168.84.32),but the ip connection refused.What is the issue?

        Besides,Why i still need to download some resources, after i had git the resources? If the server is crash , can we restart the server instead of "make clean;make"

Br
Brandon

From:        Brandon Wu/China
To:        "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Date:        11/17/2021 02:29 PM

Hi Woojoong:

        It still can not set up successfully,but this time i can observe the ip "192.168.84.32" is not available.

Woojoong Kim

Nov 23, 2021, 11:36:13 AM11/23/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was on PTO.

Let me try to reproduce your issue on my setup. If I failed, I will get you back, and let's have a call.

First bullet: yes RiaB always gets sub-charts to make sure RiaB deploys the correct sub-charts described in the umbrella chart.

Second bullet: yeah it takes a too long time. If K8s itself does not have any issue, you can just use `make reset-test; make riab VER=...` or `make reset-ric; make riab VER=...`. It does not redeploy K8s, so that you can quickly deploy RiaB.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 7:29 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        1,Could you tell me more context about your question `why I still need to download some resources after I had git the resources`?
   ===>I see the log when i do "make riab VER=1.2.0",it seems download something,you can see the log as below:

        2,Normally, if server crashed, `make clean; make riab VER=...` should always work but please tell be the symptoms.
   ===>>I know the command is useful,but i want to know whether there is anything way to restart the server? The command takes too much time and it needs move to other environment for deploying,so i want to know if we have other methods.Besides,if the server crash,i will tell you the symptoms.

        3,After you deployment, could you give me some information
   ===>>
        and the describe:

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Nov 24, 2021, 7:40:36 PM11/24/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, SD-RAN-Dev, Saurav Das, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Brand,
Please send ASN.1 bytes in hex for the message I don’t see them in the email. Also let us know which E2AP version are you using for e2node and which version of sdran you deploy.

Thanks
Adib

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 4:35 PM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,
        Do you have any update for this?
        Did you decode the message, need your help to let us know the mismatch part.
        Thanks!

Regards,
Brand_lu
------------------

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        11/16/2021 03:00 PM

Adib,

Here the gnb pcap for my test, you can find the E2 setup request content as below.
Please help to check. Thanks!

[attachment "gnb0.pcap" deleted by Brand Lu/China]

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>
To:        Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com,
Cc:        Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        11/16/2021 02:53 PM

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 25, 2021, 3:17:02 AM11/25/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Adib Rastegarnia, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

Can you provide KPMv2 message you're embedding in E2SetupRequest?

I'd like to know what information you're exactly sending.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 25. 11. 21 3:03, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Adib,

We have tried the test with sdran release 1.2, RIC decoded the E2 Setup Request but it looks there were some error when decoding the RanFunctionDefinition IE.
We are using the E2AP v1.01 and you can find the ASN.1 bytes in hex from the pcap file in attachment gnb0.pcap.
Thanks!

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 26, 2021, 10:01:33 AM11/26/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

E2SetupRequest is being decoded successfully. Issue is in APER bytes for KPMv2-RanFunction-Description that E2SetupRequest carries.

RanFunction-Description notation you've sent to me is correct, I've tried to encode this message and obtained slightly different set of bytes. Looks like the APER bytes for RanFunction-Description which are generated on your side has corrupted header and some other minor differences.

I attach two files to this message:

- obtained_bytes.go - contains APER bytes for RanFunction-Description which are sent with E2SetupRequest from your side (these bytes are failed to be decoded!).

- expected_bytes.go - contains expected APER bytes for the RanFunction-Description message according to notation you have provided in the previous e-mail.

If you compare these two files, you'll see the differences.

Please, make sure that you use the same ASN1 definition for KPM v2.0.3 as we do. You can find the one we are using here:

https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2-sm/blob/master/servicemodels/e2sm_kpm_v2/v2/e2sm_kpm_v2.0.3-changed.asn

Also, please make sure that the asn1c tool you're using to generate C-files out of ASN1 definition is Nokia's one:

https://github.com/nokia/asn1c

(Don't forget to run sudo make install in your local environment to overwrite previous version of asn1c tool you've installed).

Also, make sure that you generate C-files with Nokia's asn1c tool with following flags:

asn1c -fcompound-names -fincludes-quoted -fno-include-deps -findirect-choice -gen-PER -no-gen-OER -D. e2sm_kpm_v2.0.3-changed.asn

(Yes, there is a dot after the last flag, i.e., -D.)

I've also created a PR in onos-e2-sm repo where you can generate the expected APER bytes from the attached file:

https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2-sm/pull/301

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 26. 11. 21 7:09, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,
        After updating the E2SM-KPM to v2.0.3, here are the new pcap attachment new_gnb0.pcap.
      From the RIC e2t pod logs, it looks that the error happened at e2ap/conn.go line 161 for decode failed.
        The KPMv2 message embedding in E2SetupRequest is attached in E2SETUPREQUEST.txt for your reference.
        Please help to decode the E2SetupRequest message in pcap and check which IE field was wrong.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]
obtained_bytes.go
expected_bytes.go

Ivan Eroshkin

Nov 29, 2021, 8:32:33 AM11/29/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

Please see answers inline.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 29. 11. 21 14:09, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,

1. Can you tell me more specific which ie fields were wrong according to the decode result?
Because i have compared the obtained_bytes.go and expected_bytes.go files, and there are so many differences between various fields.

IEs you're putting in the message are correct. The problem is in the PER bytes which describe the header of the message. If you compare first three bytes, you'll notice that yours are bit shifted to the right on 4 positions. These bytes contain information about the top-level structures you're putting in the message, in particular is RanFunction-Description extensible, are all optional fields present in the message. That prevents decoder from decoding your bytes successfully.

This is the main reason why I clarified the steps how to generate the C-files out of ASN1 definition.

- I.

2. For the expected bytes you provided, i also have some doubts.
For example, the plmn id we are using is 31148. According to the IE definition, it should be 0x13 0xf1 0x84(311f48), right? But in your expected_bytes, it was 0x03 0x11 0x48. If I have any misunderstanding, please help correct it.
PlmnID I have put in the message was a dummy one. I didn't know the PLMN-ID you were putting in the message, so I've put there a random one. You can use the PR I did create as a sandbox, where you can put your IEs and generate the expected in the RIC set of bytes for KPMv2-RanFunction-Description message - I.

3、At the beginning when we tested the E2APv1.01&E2SM-KPMv2.0.0 with sd-ran release 1.0, the RIC server successfully decoded the e2setup request and sent the response to gNB.  Did the sd-ran release 1.0 also verify KPMv2-RanFunction-Description field?

SD-RAN release 1.0 has never supported KPM v2 (it was introduced in release 1.1), it implemented only some parts of KPMv1 for demo purposes. Currently supported version of KPM is 2.0.3 (with Radysis' changes) - I.

Woojoong Kim

Nov 29, 2021, 4:30:35 PM11/29/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

I could not reproduce the issue. Can I access your machine? Then I can debug quickly.

For the second bullet, if you want to deploy everything offline, you should not use RiaB, but use manual deployment like `helm install ...` manually.

Example:

```
# Add helm repositories
helm repo add cord https://charts.opencord.org
helm repo add atomix https://charts.atomix.io
helm repo add onos https://charts.onosproject.org
helm repo add sdran --username "$repo_user" --password "$repo_password" https://sdrancharts.onosproject.org
helm repo update

# Create Atomix resources
helm install -n kube-system atomix-controller atomix/atomix-controller --version v0.6.7 --wait

helm install -n kube-system raft-storage-controller atomix/atomix-raft-storage --version v0.1.8 --wait

# Create the ONOS operator
helm install -n kube-system onos-operator onos/onos-operator --version v0.4.6 --wait

# Install sd-ran (not in kube-system namespace)
kubectl create ns sdran
helm -n sdran install sd-ran sdran/sd-ran --version 1.2

# Uninstall sd-ran, atomix and onos-operator
helm -n sdran uninstall sd-ran
helm -n kube-system uninstall onos-operator atomix-raft-storage atomix-controller
```

Of course, before you deploy them manually, you should download (1) Umbrella chart, (2) Sub charts, and (3) Docker images.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 10:52 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        1,Did you reproduce the issue? Why we can only deploy the RIC server in the network which can access to google?

        2,If we always need to download those sub-charts,how can we deploy the Riab on the LAN?Can we pre download those sub-charts and install them on the LAN?

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Nov 30, 2021, 3:06:41 PM11/30/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Can we meet Dec 2 9:30am your timezone?

We can use Zoom or Google meet.

Before we meet, can I ssh your machine?

For the second bullet, you said you "successfully" ran make riab VER=v1.3.0.

Sorry but what is the issue then?

The original problem was that onos-config was not working right?

Is this still happening? or issue was gone?

And the credentials you are asking are the helm chart repository's ID and password.

You should use this before when deploying RiaB:

```
helm repo add incubator https://kubernetes-charts-incubator.storage.googleapis.com/
"incubator" has been added to your repositories
helm repo add cord https://charts.opencord.org
"cord" has been added to your repositories
Username for ONF SDRAN private chart: <SDRAN_PRIVATE_CHART_REPO_ID>
Password for ONF SDRAN private chart: <SDRAN_PRIVATE_CHART_REPO_PASSWORD>
"sdran" has been added to your repositories
touch /tmp/build/milestones/helm-ready
```

Once you deployed RiaB successfully, all charts, subcharts, and images are already downloaded so no need to do any other things.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 6:55 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        1,When and with what app should we start the meeting? I am available during 9:30 - 20:30 (UTC+8h).

        2,Can you tell me how to download Umbrella Chart,Sub Charts and Docker image? I had ran "make riab VER=v1.3.0" successfully,is it means i had downloaded all those source?
        And after i ran cmd "make riab VER=v1.3.0" successfully, i run "helm repo add sdran --username "$repo_user" --password "$repo_password" https://sdrancharts.onosproject.org" ,but i not know the username and password.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Ivan Eroshkin

Dec 2, 2021, 10:14:19 AM12/2/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

Please see my analysis of the first two bytes enclosed to this message.

I have some question regarding your last e-mail, please see them inline.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 01. 12. 21 13:47, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,

I have checked the C-files out of KPMv2.0.3 (with Radysis' changes) ASN1 definitions. It looks no problem.
--> Just to clarify - what did you exactly do? Did you compare KPMv2.0.3 (with Radysis' changes) ASN1 definition against the one you're using in your SW? Radysis' changes include boundaries definition for some of the structures which are widely used in KPMv2.0.3 - I.

I also compared the way we encoded the KPMv2-RanFunction-Description message and other messages. I think we are using the same way to encode the messages, so i don't know why the header of KPMv2-RanFunction-Description was bit shifted.
--> As I said earlier PER encoding mostly depends on 1) the ASN1 definition which was used to generate the appropriate C-files and 2) the asn1c tool distribution, which generates C-files. If point 1 or point 2 are different compared to the SW you're trying to integrate, then such encoding problems to be expected. - I.

Can you help to explain what does the "0x74 0x18" mean in the header?

By the way, when i study the Radisys source code recently, i find that they are using the files like ***_asn.x but not the standard C-files out of ASN1.
Do you know how to convert the ASN1 definitions or C-files to the **_asn.x format?
--> I don't have access to Radysis code and I'm not aware of the way they've implemented theirs software. - I.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]
KPMv2-RanFunction-Description_analysis.txt

Woojoong Kim

Dec 2, 2021, 2:30:24 PM12/2/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Do you have any updates on the issues that you are facing?

If you still need me, let's set up the call.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

Ivan Eroshkin

Dec 3, 2021, 6:45:03 AM12/3/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

I can decode E2SetupRequest from the pcap you have just sent. Here is a PR to illustrate that it's possible:

https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2t/pull/534

Please make sure you're using RIC with E2AP v1.01.

I've also checked KPMv2-RanFunction-Description APER bytes. They still can't be decoded. I've updated the PR in e2-sm repo to illustrate recent changes. You can see that there are still some bit shifts present in the bytes you are sending. It's hard to tell what exactly is causing it. I'd recommend you to do a step by step analysis of the message and verify that the encoding corresponds to the rules described in ITU-T X.691 recommendation, which is recommended by O-RAN as a reference for APER encoding.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 03. 12. 21 10:42, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.
After fixing the issue of header for KPMv2-RanFunction-Description, it's still failed to decode the E2 setup message in RIC.
Please help to decode the E2SetupRequest message in pcap for the new test.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]
[attachment "KPMv2-RanFunction-Description_analysis.txt" deleted by Annie Li/China]

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Dec 5, 2021, 2:42:57 AM12/5/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Actually, Dec 6 9:30am your timezone is Sunday my timezone.

Can we have a call Dec 7 9:30am your timezone?

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 11:43 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

 Sorry for the late reply. I am busy in other task.

 1,I am available in Dec 6 9:30AM my timezone,You can send me the zoom meeting link to me.

 Let me explain the situation.We want to prepare all the source of RIC server and deploy it offline,but i used the helm related command you offered,it need the username and password to a web.I think it still cant deploy offline.And as your know,we cant deploy the server successfully because the onos-config cant deploy successfully in the domestic network environment,we don't know why ,so we ask for your help.We can deploy the RIC server(use command "make riab VER=v1.3.0") successfully in the network environment which can access to Google.We fix the ip and move it to offline,you said "Once you deployed RiaB successfully, all charts, subcharts, and images are already downloaded so no need to do any other things.",so i use the helm cmd to deploy the server.but i failed.So i have the following issues:

 2,How to deploy the server offline.

 3,How to fix the onos-config issue.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Ivan Eroshkin

Dec 7, 2021, 11:12:15 AM12/7/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brand, Hi Annie,

Please consult with Adib (CCed) the issue with RicSubscriptionRequest.

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 07. 12. 21 16:07, Bran...@SDC.SERCOMM.COM wrote:
> [...]
> Adib
>
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 11:20 PM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>   I am Annie from Sercomm. Here some questions, please help to
> verify.
>
>   If we want to use the E2AP V1.01 and E2SM KPMv1 for gNB CU, which
> release of SD-RAN should we deploy? 1.2 or 1.3 Release?
>   If we deploy the RIC with SD-RAN 1.2 release now, can we upgrade
> the RIC to SD-RAN 1.3 release in the future directly?
>
>       (Embedded image moved to file: pic17571.gif)
> destroy this email.] [attachment
> "KPMv2-RanFunction-Description_analysis.txt" deleted by Annie
> Li/China]
>

> [All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is
> strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 7, 2021, 11:51:13 AM12/7/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Annie,

kpm service model implementation in the E2 node side should include kpm node list as well which has information about E2 cells. We use service model plugin to extract info from it to be stored in topology for the purpose of xApps (look here https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2-sm/blob/master/servicemodels/e2sm_kpm_v2/modelmain.go#L202).  Here a few things that you should check for me to find the source of the issue. when you deploy sd-ran release and enable kpimon xApp, please use CLI and check the following commands:

onos topo get entities --kind e2node -v
onos topo get entities --kind e2cell -v
onos topo get relations

If you don't include the kpimon node list part of the Ran function description then you won't see the list of E2 cells and CONTAIN relations (e2 node <--> e2 cell relation). If you include such info, there could be another encoding/decoding issue  or something else. Please also enable debug ( --set onos-e2t.logging.loggers.root.level=debug) and capture the logs in text files and attach them to the email when you run them again that I can take a closer look if it is needed.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 1:26 AM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

After the encoding issues all fixed, the sd-ran release 1.2 RIC server has successfully decoded the E2 SETUP REQUEST message and RANfunction-Description field,but it looks that the subscription was not success.
RIC server snet the E2 SETUP RESPONSE but didn't send the RIC SUBSCRIPTION REQUEST message.
Please help to check why the subscription was not success. If you need more logs for RIC server, please let me know.

RIC E2T show:

RIC KPIMON show:

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 8, 2021, 1:36:03 AM12/8/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, SD-RAN-Dev, Saurav Das, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi Annie,
Before setting up a debugging session, I would suggest try a few things. In release 1.2.0 there was a problem with using the same ids for e2node id and cell id which was causing us to overwrite each other. This problem is fixed in newer releases by using uri for e2 cell and e2 node entities. I would suggest using different ids for cell global ID and gnb ID. I think the problem should be gone if not then we can figure it out.

Thanks,
Adib

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 10:24 PM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,

 Add the output of cli commands as below:

If possible, can we have a Zoom meet for the troubleshooting at Dec 8 9:00pm CST or Dec 9 8:00am CST?

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        12/08/2021 11:37 AM

Hi Adib,

In the E2 SETUP REQUEST, the kpm node list info of the Ran function description is as below:

The kpimon log shows that "there is no cell to subscribe for e2 node 1". It looks that there is no list of E2 cells and CONTAIN relations (e2 node <--> e2 cell relation).

The commands you provided are not found. Is there any other way to enter the CLI mode? Please help to clarify the commands so that i can try these commands again.

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 9, 2021, 10:54:02 AM12/9/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi Annie,

I would suggest to try release 1.2.1 (pass --version 1.2.1 to the helm command). Some of these issues you are experiences already fixed in that release like ordering issue or duplicate IDs. After doing that if you still see failures, please follow the following steps:
1) enable debug mode for the e2t loggers and provide the full log of e2t
2) Provide the ASN.1 bytes like what you did for E2 setup request that Ivan can help you with encoding/decoding of those bytes

Thanks,
Adib

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 1:01 AM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,

After changing the different ids for cell global ID and gnb ID, the relations for e2 node and e2 cells is ok.
Now gNB has received the subscription request, but there is still some issue of decoding the message.So gNB will response the subscription failure to RIC Server.

Everytime after i reset the RIC Server, the test flow will be as below(subscription response is an unsuccessfuloutcome):

After once test, if i don't reset the RIC Server, the RIC Server will send the subscription request before E2 setup response as below:

Please help to clarify what's maybe the issue here. BTW, can you help to provide the wireshark plugins for E2 messages? If yes, we can check the content of E2 messages more intuitively.

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        12/08/2021 02:42 PM

Hi Adib,

Thanks for your quick response!

Let me change the different ids for cell global ID and gnb ID and try again. I will update the result later.

Woojoong Kim

Dec 9, 2021, 3:39:54 PM12/9/21
to Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi,

It's just for the report what Brandon and I did.

Brandon and I had a debugging session a few days ago.

We checked what the issue happened on Brandon's setup.

Here was the problem.

His setup could not ping to github.com so that onos-config init container could not fetch the config go modules (config models).

I suggested two solutions:

(1) allow the setup to be able to access github.com and docker.com (if we need to pull the new images)

or (2) not deploy onos-config for v1.2.0 and v1.3.0 release.

With the second solution, SD-RAN should work.

The only thing happening without onos-config is that we could not change the reporting period for onos-kpimon in runtime.

onos-kpimon reports the monitoring results every default period that is defined in the Helm chart.

(If we want to change the default period (1s), we can change it by modifying the Helm chart values.yaml file)

This is the only issue without onos-config. All other functionalities should work within v1.2.0 and v1.3.0 packages.

BTW, this issue will be resolved next release.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 9, 2021, 10:01:57 PM12/9/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
You Just need to redeploy with new version:
helm -n sdran install sd-ran sdran/sd-ran --version 1.2.1

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 5:01 PM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,
        How to upgrade release 1.2.0 to release 1.2.1?
Regards,
Brand_lu
------------------

本郵件內容可能為機密,未經授權切勿轉寄、散佈、複製或公開;若非指定之收件人,請刪除本郵件。
All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 9, 2021, 10:10:10 PM12/9/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
release 1.2.1 is the one we used in DT-trial which has  those fixes. All of the releases are O-RAN compliant. Release 1.3.0 uses official E2AP v2.0 with clustering support (This release requires E2 node supports Connection update and Configuration update to fully utilize those features)  but I guess you are looking for a release which is compatible with E2AP 1.01 so you should stick to 1.2.1.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 7:05 PM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,
        Okay, thanks! Which one is O-RAN latest approved?

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 9, 2021, 10:19:31 PM12/9/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
release 1.3 is compatible with E2AP version 2 which is not backward compatible with E2AP v1.X as far as i know.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 7:17 PM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Okay, So 1.3 is incompatible with 1.2?  Yes, we will used 1.2.1 recently.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 9, 2021, 10:23:04 PM12/9/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Release 1.3 also released an image for E2T which is compatible with version E2AP 1.01 (like release 1.2.1) but in terms of features nothing extra added to that image so you will get the same set of features in release 1.2.1.

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 10, 2021, 1:59:21 AM12/10/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, SD-RAN-Dev, Saurav Das, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Not yet. We developed some ONF specific service models for specific use cases but definitely they are in our roadmap.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 10:42 PM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Thanks, does RIC support E2SM_NI and E2SM_RC?

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 10, 2021, 11:29:33 AM12/10/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
I haven't used E2AP the wireshark plugin but I heard in sdran-dev slack channel latest version of wireshark support E2AP but haven't tried it yet. Perhaps you should check sdran-dev channel.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 1:28 AM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Okay, can you help to provide the wireshark plugins for E2 messages? that we can check the message directly.
Thanks!
Regards,
Brand_lu
------------------

本郵件內容可能為機密,未經授權切勿轉寄、散佈、複製或公開;若非指定之收件人,請刪除本郵件。
All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 10, 2021, 11:39:45 AM12/10/21
to Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
under onf-community.slack.com look for sdran-dev channel. I would also encourage you to bring your questions there, especially the ones which need more discussions.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 8:32 AM <Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
where can I get this channel?

已从 HCL Verse 发送

Adib Rastegarnia --- Re: [sdran-dev] SD-RAN Deployment Release Choose ---

发件人:"Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>
收件人:Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com
抄送:
日期:周六, 2021年12月11日 上午12:30

Woojoong Kim

Dec 14, 2021, 2:14:24 PM12/14/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Before answering them, please give me some information about your offline setup.

All I gave you at the previous call is for the RiaB environment.

I meant `if you installed RiaB successfully at least one time, you can just use the command that I shared with you (the cmd in the script file I created).`

If you're focusing on the different setup, it should be a totally different story.

Since RiaB downloads all charts and images automatically and checks if all charts and images are good, you don't need to manually download them; All download charts and images are in your local machine.

And the command I shared with you just deploys the local chart and local images.

And, it is unnecessary to do `helm repo add ...` things and even I did not give you that command (please check the script file I created).

However, if you want to deploy the chart to the different machine which RiaB has not been deployed, then it needs a different way.

So please let me know the information about your setup.

Thanks
Woojoong.

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 1:28 AM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:
        Can you help check these issues?
Br
Brandon Wu

From:        Brandon Wu/China
To:        "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Date:        12/13/2021 08:30 PM

Hi Woojoong:

I get some issues need to ask you:
You said i can download(1) Umbrella chart, (2) Sub charts, and (3) Docker images and  then i can use helm cmd to deploy the E2 server;
1, However,i dont know how to download these sources you mentioned.Firstly i dont know what sub charts are must to a E2 server,secondly,what image i need to docker?
2, After i download the umbrella chart  and the sub chart, i still need to access to internet?Because i see cmd"helm repo add sdran https://publicsdrancharts.onosproject.org".What i mean is i dont know how to deploy the server with your cmd.
3, In the offline server,where and when i set  the ip of server and port, besides, after i set the server,can i change the ip?
4, How can i check the server status? Can running of all the namespace poll represent the server performs well? And if one of the namespaces are crash, how can i restart it?
Pls help answer.thx

Br
Brandon Wu

From:        "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 15, 2021, 12:12:24 AM12/15/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, SD-RAN-Dev, Saurav Das, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi Annie,
You should provide ASN.1 APER encoded bytes in hex format that gNB sent then Ivan can help you decoding it
Thanks
Adib

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 7:01 PM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Adib,

The gNB has sent the KPM indication message to RIC Server, but it looks like decoding failed. Please help to decode the KPM Indication messages check.
BTW, if the RIC server choosed the measurement name as the measurement type, but in kpm indication gNB chooses the measurement ID as the measurement type, is this okay?

The kpm indication messages as below:

Ivan Eroshkin

Dec 15, 2021, 12:51:30 PM12/15/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Annie,

Regarding your questions.

1) I've checked the message. The PER bytes for KPMv2-IndicationMessage you are producing are different from what is being expected. It is again encoding issue. Please see the reference bytes in following PR:

https://github.com/onosproject/onos-e2-sm/pull/302

It looks like yours encoder misses one of the flags for SEQUENCE extension in the beginning, which creates a bit shifting in the beginning and crashes decoding.

2) I would consult that question with Adib as he knows the most about e2t internals.

3) I don't use Skype, but you can always reach me on ONF community Slack workspace. I encourage you to join us on Slack and ask questions directly here :)

Here is a link:

https://join.slack.com/t/onf-community/shared_invite/zt-g2ed9rid-t9mAGa4Y2RrKfBWbY665tA

Sincerely,

Ivan.

On 15. 12. 21 12:24, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Now the E2 setup and subscription procedure are all successfully. The gNB starts to send the RIC Indication message to RIC Server according to the reporting period. But the gNB log shows that it decoded failed as below:

1、Please find the ASN.1 APER encoded bytes in the attachment gnb0.pcap and help to check why RIC Server decoded failed.

2、If the RIC server choosed the measurement name as the measurement type, but in kpm indication gNB chooses the measurement ID as the measurement type, is this okay?

3、If possible, may i have your Skype ID? It's for more convenient communication.

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═

From:        Annie Li/China
To:        "Adib Rastegarnia" <ad...@opennetworking.org>, "Ivan Eroshkin" <iv...@opennetworking.org>,
Cc:        Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Kushal Mittal" <kus...@opennetworking.org>, "Raphael Rosa" <rap...@opennetworking.org>, "Saurav Das" <saura...@opennetworking.org>, "SD-RAN-Dev" <sdra...@opennetworking.org>, "Shad Ansari" <sh...@opennetworking.org>, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, "Woojoong Kim" <wooj...@opennetworking.org>
Date:        12/15/2021 02:05 PM

Hi Ivan,

Can you help to decode the kpm indication messages in the wireshark pcap gnb0.pcap?
Please find the ASN.1 APER encoded bytes in the attachment gnb0.pcap as below:

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Adib Rastegarnia

Dec 15, 2021, 1:07:00 PM12/15/21
to Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi Annie,
Regarding the measurement name and ID: Part of E2 setup request, the E2 node reports all of the measurements items with their ID and name. E2T stores them in the E2 node aspect for the usage of the apps (https://github.com/onosproject/onos-api/blob/master/proto/onos/topo/ran.proto#L168). Our app can handle both that means if the E2 node just uses ID in the indication message, it uses the info in topo to find the corresponding name and vice versa: Look at here as a reference: https://github.com/onosproject/onos-kpimon/blob/master/pkg/monitoring/monitor.go#L130
I hope it helps.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 3:24 AM <Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Now the E2 setup and subscription procedure are all successfully. The gNB starts to send the RIC Indication message to RIC Server according to the reporting period. But the gNB log shows that it decoded failed as below:

1、Please find the ASN.1 APER encoded bytes in the attachment gnb0.pcap and help to check why RIC Server decoded failed.

2、If the RIC server choosed the measurement name as the measurement type, but in kpm indication gNB chooses the measurement ID as the measurement type, is this okay?

3、If possible, may i have your Skype ID? It's for more convenient communication.

BR,
Annie Li

- ¤╭⌒╮╭⌒╮
╱◥██◣ ╭╭ ⌒╮
|田|田田| ╰------
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬═
SCPU-RSD1/SmallCell Product Unit小基站產品中心
Sercomm Technologies Corporation中磊電子
Tel: 86-512-67612332 Ext.1360
E-mail: anni...@sdc.sercomm.com
本郵件內容可能為機密,未經授權切勿轉寄、散佈、複製或公開;若非指定之收件人,請刪除本郵件。
All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.

Woojoong Kim

Dec 16, 2021, 12:07:02 AM12/16/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

Sorry I'm not following you.

let's clarify.

I was assuming that

(1) without Internet connectivity, we will not deploy onos-config;
(2) the deployed RiaB at least one time on your setup and it was successfully done;
(3) in the sdran-in-a-box directory, you run the script (or you push the command that I shared like helm update ...)

With this assumption, if you're server is new one, you should install the RiaB at least one time with Internet connectivity (with make riab VER=v1.2.0). --> first step - to install everything and download everything.
Then, push the command that I shared in the sdran-in-a-box directory (no need to run `make riab VER=v1.2.0 anymore, just use the command I shared). --> second step to deploy sdran umbrella chart

Otherwise,
(1) You should install the K8s, Helm, and some other preliminaries manually without Internet connectivity - it's out-of-scope from the SD-RAN project. However, I am thinking that to install them at least your machine should be connected at least one time.
(2) Download all charts and images (defined in each sub charts - see github.com/onosproject/sdran-helm-charts)
(3) Then, follow this: https://docs.sd-ran.org/master/release_notes/sdran_1.2.html#deployment (don't use the command I shared. It's for the RiaB env).

As I said before, RiaB always requires Internet connectivity.

So to sum up:

1st approach:
If you want to deploy SD-RAN package offline from the very beginning, (1) you should install K8s and Helm offline first, (2) download the charts and images, and then deploy the chart - following here (https://docs.sd-ran.org/master/release_notes/sdran_1.2.html#deployment).

2nd approach:
Or, if you want to install everything easily, follow this step:
(1) connect your machine to Internet temporally
(2) install RiaB
(3) disconnect your machine from Internet
(4) use the command I shared in the sdran-in-a-box directory (no more make riab VER=v1.2.0).

It's up to you but the second approach (with RiaB script) should be easier than the approach without RiaB.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 6:07 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        I just want to deploy a E2 server,it can with onos-config or without onos-config,and my server is a totally new server,i dont download anything yet.

        I meant `if you installed RiaB successfully at least one time, you can just use the command that I shared with you (the cmd in the script file I created).`
==>        I have a server it is the same with the server at the previous call,If i use the cmd your offered in the script before i "make riab VER=v1.2.0",it show there is no "helm" cmd.And if i use the cmd you offered after i "make riab VER=v1.2.0" and its onos-config is not running ,the cmd is no use,the config is still not running.

[All contents of this email may be confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email.]

Woojoong Kim

Dec 16, 2021, 11:25:07 AM12/16/21
to Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com, Adib Rastegarnia, Allen...@sdc.sercomm.com, Anni...@sdc.sercomm.com, Bran...@sdc.sercomm.com, Ivan Eroshkin, Kushal Mittal, Raphael Rosa, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, Shad Ansari, Stanl...@sdc.sercomm.com
Hi Brandon,

could you tell me what is the abnormal state?

If your machine has an issue on the K8s, you should reinstall the K8s with `make clean; make riab ....`

If not - if only some PODs are crashed, you don't need to run `make clean`. You can use `make reset-ric`

make reset-ric command only deletes the sd-ran umbrella Helm chart.

After that, please push the command that I shared.

So, please do this:

1. make reset-ric
2. run the command I shared in the sdran-in-a-box directory

It will not deploy onos-config so there is no onos-config crash.

And, regarding the 1.2.1 umbrella chart, I will get you back how we can deploy it.

Thanks,
Woojoong.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 11:20 PM <Brand...@sdc.sercomm.com> wrote:
Hi Woojoong:

        Thank you for your answer.

        Actually, we use your second approach in your summary to deploy the Riab server.
        We back up the virtual machine after i deploy the server successfully. However,if we restore the virtual machine,its onos-config will be crashed,and then if i use the command you offered,the server will still in the abnormal state,i have no choices but to make clean and make the server again.
        Besides, there are some known issues in v1.2.0,They will cause the server can only test E2 process once.You can see what Adib said as follows:

        For the above reasons,the server is hard to use.We need to "make clean; make riab VER=v1.2.0" before we want to test the E2 process.It needs a lot of time to deploy it and we cant share the server to demo our gnb.I need to deploy a stable Riab server,or if it is in the abnormal state,i can fix it at a short time.I will try your 1st approach to see if it works.
        Besides,if we diable onos-config,it will carry on the E2 process. So do you have any idea to meet my need?