Positioning measurements for RIC

Emmanuele Benedetto

Mar 31, 2022, 1:43:45 PM3/31/22
to sdra...@opennetworking.org
Hi,
I hope you are doing well.

I've seen that in the O-RAN specs (document attached to this email "O-RAN.WG1.Use-Cases-Analysis-Report-v07.00"), “The positioning related information report from small base station to the positioning xApp inside Near-RT RIC can be measured based on the uplink SRS information”. Moreover, "The E2 nodes are expected to provide positioning measurements to Near-RT RIC" such as "E-CID, OTDOA, UTDOA, TOA, RSSI, RSRQ". Do you know how/where I can get those metrics from the E2 nodes?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Emmanuele
7_O-RAN.WG1.Use-Cases-Analysis-Report-v07.00.pdf

Kushal Mittal

Apr 1, 2022, 5:01:29 AM4/1/22
to Emmanuele Benedetto, sdra...@opennetworking.org
Hi Emmanuele,

Presently ONF's SD-RAN solution doesn't support Local Indoor Positioning use cases.

Thanks,
Kushal