SD-RAN 1.4 Released

Saurav Das

Mar 11, 2022, 3:53:00 PM3/11/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Hi all,

Today we released SD-RAN 1.4, our first Apache licensed open-source release, after incubating the project for over a year under the ONF Member only license. All code repositories, helm-charts and documentation are now Apache licensed and available to the community regardless of ONF membership.

The highlights of this release for the RIC platform include the implementation of the O-RAN A1 interface and significant improvements to the onos-config microservice in preparation for a comprehensive O1 interface implementation in upcoming releases.

We also announce 3rd party integrations with xApps from RIMEDO Labs and Intel Labs, and 5G-SA gNBs from Sercomm. A helpful listing of the use-cases, xApps, SMs and their support in this release on various platforms is shown below.

Use Case

xApps

Service Model (developed by)

Radisys disaggregated

 5G-SA CU/DU

Sercomm

5G-SA gNB

Whitebox LTE CU/DU

RANSim

KPI Monitoring

onos-kpimon, fb-kpimon, fb-ah

KPM v2 (O-RAN)

E2-AP v1.0.1

E2-AP v1.0.1

E2-AP v2.0

E2-AP v2.0

PCI Conflict Resolution

onos-pci, fb-ah

RC-PRE v2 (ONF / FB / AirHop / Radisys)

E2-AP v1.0.1

E2-AP v2.0

Mobility Load Balancing (MLB)

onos-mlb, fb-ah

RC-PRE v2 (ONF / FB / AirHop / Radisys)

E2-AP v1.0.1

E2-AP v2.0

Mobile Handover (MHO)

onos-mho, Intel CM-xapp

MHO v1 (ONF/FB/Intel)

E2-AP v2.0

RAN Slice Management

onos-rsm

RSM v1 (ONF)

E2-AP v2.0

Policy driven Traffic Steering

rimedo-ts

MHO v2 (ONF/FB/Intel/Rimedo-Labs)

E2-AP v2.0

Read more about it in the release notes on the SD-RAN documentation site.
We will discuss this release in more detail at the SD-RAN Community call on Thursday March 17th at 9am PT, along with a demonstration of the Traffic Steering xApp from RIMEDO Labs.

See you there!
Thanks
- ONF team

Saurav Das

Mar 16, 2022, 4:56:18 PM3/16/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Hi all,

Please join us tomorrow at the SD-RAN Community meeting where we will discuss the SD-RAN 1.4 release, and see a demo of the Traffic Steering xApp from RIMEDO Labs.

Thursday March 17th 9am PT

To receive a meeting invite in your calendar, please subscribe to the sdran-dev mailing list

Thanks
Saurav

Ain Indermitte

Mar 17, 2022, 1:16:00 PM3/17/22
to Luis Joel Borrego Soto, Saurav Das, SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 11:09 AM Luis Joel Borrego Soto <luisjoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Do  you know, Where the presentations of the SD-RAN Community Meetings are available?

We from the FIT are new members, and would like to check not only the youtube but also the pdfs (presentations)

Br,

Luis Joel Borrego

Ain

Saurav Das

Mar 17, 2022, 1:23:40 PM3/17/22
to Luis Joel Borrego Soto, Ain Indermitte, SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
RIMEDO Lab's presentation will be added to the same folder shortly

Thanks
Saurav

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 10:19 AM Luis Joel Borrego Soto <luisjoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank u Ain!

Ain Indermitte

Mar 17, 2022, 1:48:09 PM3/17/22
to Saurav Das, Luis Joel Borrego Soto, SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Video recording file now uploaded as well.  Saurav will post to YouTube channel as usual.
Ain