SD-RAN 1.1 Released

Saurav Das

Apr 2, 2021, 10:56:12 PM4/2/21
to SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Hi all,

Today we released SD-RAN 1.1. As our community grew this quarter, we continued to build on the components introduced in the first release - micro-ONOS based nRT-RIC, whitebox LTE CU/DU/RU solution, and sdRan-in-a-Box (RiaB).

As many of you in the community are aware, this quarter we worked closely with Facebook and AirHop to demonstrate SON functionality as an xApp, work which required creating new Service Models, rearchitecting our RAN Simulator, introducing a new app-SDK and much more. Along the way, we also upgraded our stack to the latest E2AP and E2SM-KPM specifications from O-RAN. Read more about it in the release notes on the SD-RAN documentation site.

In particular, our documentation includes extensive installation guides for bringing up the solution on RAN hardware or in a completely virtualized form on a server/VM using RiaB. If you do not have access to the site, contact us for the username/password for your organization.

We will discuss this release in more detail at the next SD-RAN Community call on April 15th.

See you there
 - ONF Team

Saurav Das

Apr 17, 2021, 1:54:52 AM4/17/21
to SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Hello all,

As mentioned in the SD-RAN Community Call yesterday, we patched the 1.1 release for KPM-SM v2.0.3 based on feedback from O-RAN.
You can find the updated documentation and new component versions for the SD-RAN 1.1.1 release at our docs site.

Thanks
Saurav