SD-RAN 1.2 Released

Saurav Das

Jul 24, 2021, 1:59:20 AM7/24/21
to SD-RAN-Dev, sdran-a...@opennetworking.org
Hi all,

Today we (finally) released SD-RAN 1.2 with updated versions of our micro-ONOS based nRT-RIC, xApp-SDKs, new xApps, whitebox LTE CU/DU/RU solution, and sdRan-in-a-Box (RiaB).

As many of you in the community are aware, the highlight of our work in this release was the integration of  Radisys commercial CU/DU software with our RIC and xApps.
We have also made significant changes to the RIC internals with the introduction of an R-NIB and a UE-NIB among other enhancements.
Importantly, this is also the first SD-RAN release fully integrated with ONF's Aether platform.
Read more about it in the release notes on the SD-RAN documentation site.

In particular, our documentation includes extensive installation and operation guides for bringing up the solution on RAN hardware, or in a completely virtualized form on a server/VM using RiaB.
If you do not have access to the site, please contact us for the username/password for your organization.

We will discuss this release in more detail at the next SD-RAN Community call on August 5th.
We also expect to have additional surprise announcements by then ... so stay tuned!

See you there
 - ONF Team