Frustrations with SD-Fabric

David Lake

Aug 16, 2022, 5:56:57 AM8/16/22
to sdfabr...@opennetworking.org, car...@opennetworking.org, charle...@intel.com

Hello

I really would appreciate some assistance from the development team please.

For the last few weeks (actually nearly two months now), I’ve been struggling to build an operating SD-Fabric UP4 installation with PFCP.

I have:

  • One server as my k8s control plane.
  • One server to run ONOS on
  • Two EdgeCore switches running k8s
  • A Free5GC installation.

K8s can only interoperate to one minor release and the version of Debian on ONL is very old so I am forced to run k8s 1.18.20 on both the switches and the two Linux machines.   I have this working, the taints are correct and it all appears to be fine.

I have deployed version 1.2.1-dev of the Helm charts and been able to successfully build the mininet/kind development system UNLESS I enable pfcp-agent.   I have a second test system running k8s 1.24.0 (as this is NOT connected to the EdgeCore switches) and I see exactly the same issue on both the live system (k8s 1.18.20) and the test system (k8s 1.24.0) with pfcp-agent failing to start (screenshot attached).

I need assistance troubleshooting and resolving this issue please.

Thank you in advance

David

signature_2035543148

5G & 6G Innovation Centres

Institute for Communication Systems (ICS)
University of Surrey
Guildford
GU2 7XH

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 10.46.45.png