Fwd: ONF Unveils Aether - 5G/LTE Edge-Cloud-as-a-Service Platform

Michelle Roth

Mar 6, 2020, 12:33:36 PM3/6/20
to aether-...@opennetworking.org
Good day,

Below is a recent newsletter about the Aether announcement and corresponding resources. You can also sign up for our Newsletter to stay updated on all things ONF.

Warm regards,

-Michelle

Michelle Roth
Membership Administration
Open Networking Foundation
mich...@opennetworking.org

Begin forwarded message:

From: Open Networking Foundation <in...@opennetworking.org>
Subject: ONF Unveils Aether - 5G/LTE Edge-Cloud-as-a-Service Platform
Date: March 3, 2020 at 14:29:20 PST

View this email in your browser
March 3, 2020

ONF Unveils Aether
5G/LTE Edge-Cloud-as-a-Service Platform

Today we announced Aether™, the first open source platform for delivering Enterprise 5G/LTE-Edge-Cloud-as-a-Service.

Aether offers mobile connectivity and edge cloud services for distributed enterprise networks all provisioned and managed from a central cloud. It enables rapid new service onboarding in a multi-site, multi-cloud environment empowering creation of new business models and innovative services.

Aether is the only platform bringing together:
  • Edge Cloud
  • Private 5G/LTE Networks
  • Open RAN

Aether brings a number of notable firsts for our industry:

  • First - Open Source Edge Cloud Platform
  • Only - Open source platform supporting Connectivity-as-a-Service
    • Supports both CBRS as well as Licensed Spectrum
    • Includes ONF’s SD-RAN – open source RAN controller
  • First - Platform supporting applications from all major cloud providers

Aether is...
  • Connectivity-as-a-service simplifying and accelerating deployment

  • Highly scalable for gradual rollout

  • Secure with cellular-grade protection

  • Centrally provisioned and managed from a public cloud simplifying operations

  • Extensible with support for both licensed and unlicensed spectrum (CBRS)

  • Flexible supporting Edge Cloud applications from major public cloud providers

  • Based on open source hardware and software components

Read the Aether Announcement

See a Live Virtual Demonstration of Aether!

We invite you to attend a webinar that will include a virtual demonstration of Aether. In the webinar we will take you on a tour of the Aether test network that currently connects multiple edge clouds in a single unified multi-cloud environment. Don’t miss this opportunity!

To register for a webinar, please select one of the dates and times below.

  • March 9th,  7am San Francisco / 10am NYC / 2pm London / 3pm Berlin / 8:30pm India
  • March 10th,  10am San Francisco / 1pm NYC / 5pm London
  • March 11th,  10am China / 8:30am India / 2pm Sydney / (March 10th 7pm San Francisco)

Joining the Aether Community

Aether is currently an ONF member-only project, with distributions of source code to eventually be released under the Apache 2.0 license.  The Aether project is inviting ONF member companies to participate in the project and to join the Aether pilot deployment by building Aether Edge sites at their facilities as part of the unified pilot trial.

Learn more:

Aether Highlight Video
Twitter
Website
LinkedIn
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.