Where to get credo_firmware.bin?

Narada Hess

Oct 24, 2022, 5:47:16 PM10/24/22
to strat...@opennetworking.org

Hi,

I’m trying a standard build using the latest (SDE 9.10.0) code base. Followed the directions for a one-step build in stratum/hal/bin/barefoot/README.build.md. Tried the same thing with older code base (SDE9.9.0) and also using the two-step build (setting SDE_INSTALL_TAR instead of rebuilding the SDE tarball each time).

No matter what I try, I get an error at the end of the stratum build stage:

ERROR: /root/.cache/bazel/_bazel_root/1b07b1db06ec9ee22c71eac6f0bd4549/external/local_barefoot_bin/BUILD:109:8: Writing: bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/external/local_barefoot_bin/bf_binary_files.tar failed: missing input file 'external/local_barefoot_bin/barefoot-bin/bin/credo_firmware.bin', owner: '@local_barefoot_bin//:barefoot-bin/bin/credo_firmware.bin'

Target //stratum/hal/bin/barefoot:stratum_bfrt_deb failed to build

Use --verbose_failures to see the command lines of failed build steps.

ERROR: /root/.cache/bazel/_bazel_root/1b07b1db06ec9ee22c71eac6f0bd4549/external/local_barefoot_bin/BUILD:109:8 Writing: bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/external/local_barefoot_bin/bf_binary_files.tar failed: 1 input file(s) do not exist

I have searched for this file in the SDE tarball and the build SDE install tarball, and in the stratum workspace. I see where it is described in bfsde.BUILD and referenced in stratum/hal/bin/barefoot/BUILD, but that doesn’t really help me.

What am I missing here? Is there some setting or step I need? Thanks for any pointers. N

Narada Hess

Principal Software Systems Engineer / Extreme Networks

nh...@extremenetworks.com

ExtremeNetworks.com

Advance with UsTM

This email and any/all attachments may contain confidential and proprietary material. This email is to be used solely by the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited unless approved by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this email, any/all attachments, and all copies whether electronic or printed.

Maximilian Pudelko

Oct 31, 2022, 1:01:21 PM10/31/22
to Narada Hess, strat...@opennetworking.org
Hi Narada,

I just did a quick search of the SDE files and did with the `credo_firmware.bin` in the files of the Wedge reference BSP.
This error never came up for us, as we always build the SDE with the BSP enabled, but the other option should at least be possible,
of course.
this could be extended to a BSP `config_setting`, based on which we later select the firmware files.

Max

Maximilian Pudelko

Nov 1, 2022, 11:33:53 AM11/1/22
to Narada Hess, stratum-dev
Ok, thanks for the update.
Did you know that we moved to Debian 10 earlier this year when switching to the SONiC base OS?

Best,
Max

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 6:54 AM Narada Hess <NH...@extremenetworks.com> wrote:

Thanks, Max. I am working on building with Deb 11 (we are testing the deb 10 build currently). We want to stay ahead of the curve. If I get it to work I will push my branch for review.

You are aware that Intel has dropped support for deb 9? So we needed to move to deb 10 at a minimum. N