Stratum 21.12 Release and List Migration

Brian O'Connor

Dec 16, 2021, 1:07:57 PM12/16/21
to Stratum Announce, Maximilian Pudelko, Yi Tseng, Ain Indermitte
Dear Stratum Community,

We are pleased to announce the Stratum 2021-12-13 release (or 21.12 for short). This release is a relatively small release, but contains a number of important bug fixes, including fixes for P4 MeterConfig resets, duplicate P4Runtime arbitration IDs, and port ID values in the OpenConfig tree. Stratum now supports a new OpenConfig path (/interfaces/interface[name=*]/state/id) that will be used to enable P4Runtime port translation in a future release.

Stratum v21.12 is part of the SD-Fabric 1.0.1 and the Aether 1.6 releases. SD-Fabric is an open source, fully P4-programmable hybrid cloud network fabric that is an integral element of the Aether open source 5G Connected Edge platform.

The following hardware targets have been certified by ONF's Continuous Certification Program for the Stratum v21.12 release and will continue to be re-verified on a daily basis against the most recent version of the software. Details about these products can be viewed in the ONF Marketplace:
  • APS Networks BF2556X-1T
  • APS Networks BF6064X-T
  • Edgecore AS7712-32X
  • Edgecore Wedge100BF-32X
Pre-built Docker images and Debian packages, along with a more extensive change list, can be accessed on the Stratum 2021-12-13 release page.

Mailing Lists

As you may have noticed, the Stratum Announce (stratum-announce@opennetworking.org) and stratum-dev (stratum-dev@opennetworking.org) lists have new addresses. Please update your contacts if you have these saved.

We have deprecated old Mailman lists and migrated all list members to the new Google Groups. There is no action required if you are receiving this message. To change your list membership settings, you will need to use the Google Groups interface.

If you would like to access the old list archives, they are available here:

Please reach out to me if you have any questions or issues.

Call for Stratum Core Contributors

We are looking for new core contributors to step up from our community. A core contributor is someone who has climbed the developer learning curve through at least one or two significant contributions to the project, or through several smaller contributions. Core contributors also take on responsibility for the contributions of others through design/code review and dialog with authors. Ultimately, we would like to add at least a few new core contributors this year. Becoming a core contributor raises your visibility to the project community and is a great step towards further growth opportunities in the project (e.g. becoming a TST member).

If you would like to become a core contributor or explore other ways you can contribute to the Stratum community, please reach out to Ain Indermitte and Brian O'Connor.

On behalf of the Stratum TST,

Brian O’Connor (Lead, ONF)
Alireza Ghaffarkhah (Google)
Craig Stevens (Dell/EMC)