Issue while deploying RiaB with OAI nFAPI emulator

Hayanthika

Jul 6, 2022, 3:39:59 AM7/6/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, kmohan...@india.nec.com
Hi Team,

We are trying to install CU-CP and OAI nFAPI emulator for KPIMON & RSM and its failing in few steps after we deploy RiaB.

pls find the attached error snapshot & Logs. failed for the below cmds:
make test-user-plane
make test-rsm-dataplane

pls help to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Uma maheswari

Logs.txt
MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

Hayanthika

Jul 8, 2022, 1:47:07 AM7/8/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, woojoo...@intel.com, kmohan...@india.nec.com, manikantan...@india.nec.com
Hi,

Can someone suggest me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Uma

Woojoong Kim

Jul 8, 2022, 2:13:06 PM7/8/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, uma.ba...@gmail.com, kmohan...@india.nec.com, manikantan...@india.nec.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi,

Can you share the CPU information such as # cores and CPU frequency?

Woojoong.

Hayanthika

Jul 25, 2022, 12:31:46 PM7/25/22
to SD-RAN-Dev, woojoo...@intel.com, Hayanthika, kmohan...@india.nec.com, manikantan...@india.nec.com, Woojoong Kim
Hi woojoong,

Please find the details. We are using Azure Instance.

 Operating system : Linux (ubuntu 18.04)

Size : Standard B8ms (8 vcpus, 32 GiB memory)

 vendor_id       : GenuineIntel

cpu family      : 6

model           : 85

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8272CL CPU @ 2.60GHz

stepping        : 7

microcode       : 0xffffffff

cpu MHz         : 2593.905

cache size      : 36608 KB

physical id     : 0

siblings        : 8

core id         : 0

cpu cores       : 8

apicid          : 0

initial apicid  : 0

fpu             : yes

fpu_exception   : yes

cpuid level     : 21

wp              : yes

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch invpcid_single pti fsgsbase bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm mpx avx512f avx512dq rdseed adx smap clflushopt avx512cd avx512bw avx512vl xsaveopt xsavec xsaves md_clear

bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs taa itlb_multihit mmio_stale_data

bogomips        : 5187.81

clflush size    : 64

cache_alignment : 64

address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

Thanks,

Uma

Kim, Woojoong

Jul 26, 2022, 4:20:17 PM7/26/22
to Hayanthika, SD-RAN-Dev, Hayanthika, kmohan...@india.nec.com, manikantan...@india.nec.com, Woojoong Kim

Hi Uma,

I think I answered the same question on Slack previously (not sure) – but I could not find where the answer is.

Anyway, trying to repeat the same answer.

Actually, we did not test the RiaB on the cloud service yet.

We are thinking that the issue you reported is related with the CPU performance.

Maybe some Bios configuration like turbo boost, disabling hyperthreading is not suitable for the RiaB OAI nFAPI emulator. (see here: https://docs.sd-ran.org/master/sdran-in-a-box/docs/HW_Installation_prereq.html#prerequisites)

Or the scalable CPU that you are using can be the cause – not sure we did not test RiaB on the CPU.

Thus, currently, I could not tell what the root cause is, unfortunately.

I would recommend you to run RiaB on the different machine (not cloud service but your server/testbed) and then see if it happens also.

Thanks,

Woojoong.