Translating OpenMRS 2.x

Darius Jazayeri

Feb 11, 2015, 10:51:23 PM2/11/15
to dev, implementers
Hi All,

At the implementers meeting in Maputo, I was asked how one could translate OpenMRS 2.x into a different language.

This now easier than it has ever been in OpenMRS 1.x, since we're using an actual online portal to do the translations, rather than requiring people to translate .properties files and send them around.

If you'd like to help translate, just create a (free) account on transifex and ask to join the OpenMRS team.

Also, something new that Transifex lets us do is have Review of translated strings. If you would like to volunteer to be the reviewer for one of our language translations, let us know!

This is the state of things now:
Inline image 1

Drilling down into French, it looks like this:
Inline image 2

-Darius

aniketha katakam

Feb 12, 2015, 12:04:25 AM2/12/15
to implem...@openmrs.org, dev
Hi Darius ,

I'd volunteer to be reviewer of Hindi Translation. :)
I'm interested to translate messages to Hindi.

Thanks
Aniketha

--
OpenMRS Implementers: http://om.rs/implist

vaibhav agarwal

Feb 12, 2015, 12:06:20 AM2/12/15
to implem...@openmrs.org, dev
Hi Darius,

I'd like to volunteer to be reviewer for Hindi language translations.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaibhav Agarwal

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Darius Jazayeri <djaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pm Herlambang

Feb 12, 2015, 12:13:08 AM2/12/15
to implem...@openmrs.org
Hi Darius, we are welcome to translate in Indonesian. Just share the link in "OpenMRS Indonesia" group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/162986650429469/?fref=ts

--
Penggalih M Herlambang, MD.
peng...@sibermedik.com

Mitchell Aikens

Feb 12, 2015, 12:41:35 AM2/12/15
to implem...@openmrs.org

Id like to volunteer to review all English translations.
Thanks!

Nawfel Abdullah

Feb 12, 2015, 1:18:45 AM2/12/15
to implem...@openmrs.org
Dear Jazayeri,

Hope you are well. Once I have translated the individual sentences in bengali language in a document file to give input into the previous translator software. Still some translation of sentences are going on. Please give me the direct link of the software where i will input the translated sentences.
I have a group who are working on this. You can have a look on the group here:
http://www.risbs.org/

Waiting to have your kindest reply.

Sincerely,
Nawfel Abdullah

--
OpenMRS Implementers: http://om.rs/implist

Nawfel Abdullah

Student of Department of Pharmacy
East West University.

Research Assistant
Center for Medical Biotechnology, DGHS,Bangladesh &
Co-ordinator and Researcher at FRAME Pharmacology Lab