MDS Mode Architecture Volunteers

Michael Schnuerle

Feb 10, 2022, 10:47:39 AM2/10/22
to MDS Working Group
Hello MDS Community,

The OMF is looking for a volunteer organization or two to convert the Extending MDS to New Modes architectural document into actual MDS spec code in a Pull Request which was started in this feature branch.

This is technical work to be sure, with an eye for detail, but includes framing and writing clear documentation to foster understanding of the changes. It involves taking the use cases the Working Group has discussed and synthesized across three public meetings and merging those ideas into MDS. The scope is creating the ability for MDS to support modes, and putting micromobility into its own mode. Adding the 3 new modes to MDS for 2.0 comes later.

I will help facilitate and guide the work, set up goals, and host working sessions if needed. We will use the Modes Task Force mailing list to coordinate and communicate early progress, and present work to the Working Group when ready within the next month.

If you are interested in doing this work in GitHub, please email me back by next Wednesday Feb 16.

Thanks,

Michael Schnuerle
Director of Open Source Operations