Advanced Air Mobility, Part 2 - Working Group Meeting - February 15th, 2024

Michael Schnuerle

Feb 12, 2024, 10:42:50 PMFeb 12
to MDS Working Group, mds-announce

Hello MDS Working Group,

Our monthly MDS working group meeting is this Thursday, February 15th, at 9 am PT, 12 pm ET, and 5/6 pm CET.

Agenda: https://github.com/openmobilityfoundation/mobility-data-specification/wiki/Web-conference-notes,-2024.02.15-(MDS-Working-Group)

Meeting Agenda:

Advanced Air Mobility (AAM), Part 2

  • Intro and announcements (5 min)
  • Advanced Air Mobility
    • Orientation and Recap (10 min)
    • Questions and Discussion (40 mins)

Meeting Preparation

  1. Review and share meeting notes, slides, and recording from Part 1 with relevant people in your orbits.
  2. Review materials from LADOT, Urban Movement Labs, and LADOT AAM fellow Clint Harper:
    1. Principles of the Urban Sky
    2. LADOT's UAM Policy Framework Considerations
  3. Bring the right people from your organization and network to this public meeting and have questions/discussion.

Questions

  • Who do you need to bring in from your orgs to this conversation?
  • What operational data do cities believe they need?
  • What challenges and policies will cities need data to support?
  • What digital policy do cities need to publish for operators?
  • What do cities need to know and share with the public to allow this to ‘fly’ politically?
  • What laws are in place now? City, city council, local, state, federal, etc?
  • What challenges or opportunities are there for navigation to airports, and CMAP regional planning?

Call details:

Zoom Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAscOmhpjIuHNakPx6CNbACpjUjw1Gsucr4

Meeting info is reflected on the OMF public calendar and MDS Working Group pages.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks,

Michael Schnuerle
Director of Open Source Operations

Michael Schnuerle

Mar 1, 2024, 2:37:09 PMMar 1
to MDS Working Group, mds-announce
Hello MDS Working Group,

Thank you all for attending and participating in the MDS working group for part two of our Advanced Air Mobility discussions.

We had 56 attendees, and the meeting recording, notes, and slides are shared on our meeting page here:

https://github.com/openmobilityfoundation/mobility-data-specification/wiki/Web-conference-notes,-2024.02.15-(MDS-Working-Group)#action-items-and-decisions

Action Item:

  1. Leave your AAM thoughts on this open discussion issue now (even if you spoke up during the meeting).
See you at our next meeting on March 14th.