MDS 2.0 Modes draft ready for your review

Michael Schnuerle

Nov 8, 2022, 3:47:48 PM11/8/22
to MDS Working Group, mds-announce
Hello MDS Enthusiasts,

Based on our public working group meetings during Modes Month, and the feedback from the working group on GitHub over the last year, we now have a complete draft of the Modes work for MDS 2.0 for you to review and provide feedback on.

We will be talking about this on Thursday November 10 at our working group meeting:

This includes MDS for Micromobility, Passenger Services, Car Share, and Delivery Robots.
  1. Review the draft here in the updated dev branch.
  2. Review the comments, action items, and actions taken from the prior working group meetings.
  3. Leave general comments on this open PR #801.
  4. Leave inline and detailed comments on the specific changes in PR #801.
Let me know if you have any questions, or share your thoughts with the MDS Steering Committee members who helped lead this work.

Thanks,

Michael Schnuerle
Director of Open Source Operations

Michael Schnuerle

Nov 15, 2022, 1:30:18 AM11/15/22
to MDS Working Group, mds-announce, Car Share Member Network, Delivery Robots Member Network, Passenger Services Member Network, Board of Directors + staff, Working Group Steering Committee - MDS
Hello MDS New Modes Users,

As the community of MDS users we need your reactions and feedback right here by next Tuesday Nov 22 (or 30 comments, whichever comes first).

1) If you like the draft and have no comments, please click here and leave a comment like:
"The MDS Modes work looks good to [my organization/city/company]".

2) If you will be using MDS 2.0 for a new mode, please click here and leave a comment like:
"The MDS Modes work looks good and [my organization/city/company] will be using MDS 2.0 for the [passenger services, delivery robots, and/or car share] mode."

3) If you have questions or suggestions about something, please click here and leave a comment like:
"For the [passenger services, delivery robots, and/or car share] mode, I think [this thing] should be [added, changed, removed] and here's why..."

If you need a GitHub website account, it takes 1-2 minutes and is free. Sign up here and see our community profile guidelines here. See the email below for more details on modes.

We'd especially like a comment representing anyone who worked on modes in this release, is in a Member Network, is on the WGSC, or is an OMF Board city. I'll reach out to you individually in a few days if your org has not commented. Thank you for your expertise and for making this important release the best it can be!

image.png

Please share this email with relevant colleagues, collaborators, vendors, and clients, and read our blog post about it.