DYNAMIC ARRAYS

Meghana Ponnuru

Mar 5, 2020, 2:58:10 PM3/5/20
to gsql-users
Hello,
Do we have dynamic arrays in gsql? Please can you direct me to using dynamic arrays to load data into a graph.

Thank you
Regards
Meghana.Ponnuru

Xinyu Chang

Mar 5, 2020, 3:19:11 PM3/5/20
to Meghana Ponnuru, gsql-users
Hi Meghana,

Could you please clarify what is your input and what is the expected outcome?

Thanks.

Xinyu Chang
Director of Customer Solutions
TigerGraph, Inc.

--
Welcome to GSQL-user group.
- our mission is bringing the power of graph databases to everyone www.opengsql.org

Meghana Ponnuru

Mar 6, 2020, 11:29:44 AM3/6/20
to gsql-users
Hello,
I'm trying to construct a 2D array dynamically , perform some computation and store values in it. For example , in c++ we use malloc to dynamically allocate the array.

Thank you
Regards
Meghana.Ponnuru

Xinyu Chang

Mar 6, 2020, 2:14:21 PM3/6/20
to Meghana Ponnuru, gsql-users
ArrayAccum has a reallocate function to change the size of the array.

reallocate( INT, ... )

Discards the previous ArrayAccum instance and creates a new ArrayAccum, with the size(s) given. An N-dimensional ArrayAccum requires N integer parameters. The reallocate function cannot be used to change the number of dimensions.

However, it also clears out the array while assigning new sizes of dimensions.

Thanks.

Xinyu Chang
Director of Customer Solutions
TigerGraph, Inc.

--
Welcome to GSQL-user group.
- our mission is bringing the power of graph databases to everyone www.opengsql.org
- technical resource can be found here https://docs.tigergraph.com/
---

Meghana Ponnuru

Mar 6, 2020, 5:39:45 PM3/6/20
to gsql-users, meghana...@intel.com
Sure, Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was dynamic earlier. Thanks for clearing my doubt.