Attributes

ma541...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2024, 5:06:29 AMMar 26
to OpendTect Users
Dear sir or madam,
  I'm using opendtect7.0 and I'm trying to use the attributes of reflection strength, variance, mean-square-root amplitude, relative impedance and dip deviation, but I don't find the same option.
  Can the non-pro version use these attributes, and if so, how should I use them?
  I'm looking forward to your reply.
yours,
rui

Paul de Groot

Mar 26, 2024, 7:52:28 AMMar 26
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi Rui,

The attributes you mention are available in OpendTect. Some might be known under a different name (e.g. mean-square-root amplitude is called Energy in OpendTect, and Reflection Strength is called Envelope Weighted Phase - one of many options under the Instantaneous attribute). If an attribute is not available, you can most probably construct it in the attribute definition window. For an overview of attributes in OpendTect, I refer to the Attributes Table.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:paul.d...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Mark Crawford

Mar 26, 2024, 7:52:35 AMMar 26
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Rui,

The best place to look for attributes and where you may find them, is the Attributes Table, see: https://www.dgbes.com/index.php/software/attributes-table
I find the handiest way to search for specifics in this page is with Ctrl+F in the browser itself.

The attributes are described, uses are suggested, and with which OpendTect version and/or plugin they are associated - ie: OS = Open Source, OD = OpendTect, DS = Dip Steering, ML = Machine Learning, etc.
As it says on the page:

Note: Some attributes such as Similarity have open source and commercial versions. Detailed information about the Open Source version is given in the attribute name link while more information about the commercial version can be found under the Dip-Steered attribute name link.

Also, if you haven't already done so, take a look at Paul's very useful recent webinar on the use of the Attribute Engine: https://videos.opendtect.org/?id=170

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford