2D line manual tracking - What am I doing Wrong?

Vince Crombez

May 2, 2024, 4:51:26 AMMay 2
to OpendTect Users
Dear OpendTect users,

I recently stated using the software and so far it has been great.

However, I just have a bit of an issue with the manual tracking of horizons. This morning the 2D horizon I was tracking worked well, but now, it seems it does not want to "record" any new interpretation on a new seismic line. As I am fairly new to this software, I do not know if this is a bug or a "bad use".

In detail:
- I have a 2D horizon picked on 10+lines,
- I track this horizon in either the 2D viewer or in the 3D scene
- No recording,
- I tried with a new 2D horizon it worked on all the lines I have,
- I tried to interpret fault sticks, no issues as well.
I attached a small video of the tracking in the 3D viewer.

Is there a maximum number of lines per horizon I can interpret with the free version? or a maximum length of interpretation per horizons? or am I missing something?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Cheers

Vince
Troubleshooting.mov

FERAHTIA Jalal

May 2, 2024, 6:15:04 AMMay 2
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi everybody,
I’m a Professor at the university of Boumerdes, Algeria. I’m using OpendTect for practical work. Unfortunately, most of the computers in my laboratory have AMD Radeon graphic cards installed making the visualisation of 3D volumes impossible. Is there a way to bypass this issue or a patch to fix it.
Best regards

Paul de Groot

May 2, 2024, 6:26:54 AMMay 2
to OpendTect Users
Hello Jalal,

Can you please resubmit your question to the  users group under a different title? This way we avoid mixing two threads.

@OpendTect Users : please respond only to the first question in this chain.

Sorry for not catching this. My mistake.

Best regards,

Paul.

Mark Crawford

May 3, 2024, 4:47:52 AMMay 3
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Vince,

We had a very similar issue reported recently from another user but we have not so far been able to reproduce the issue on any of our own data.
My colleague had a meeting with the other user, so I will catch up with him and let you know what the findings were from that.

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford
Support Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:mark.c...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Mark Crawford

May 6, 2024, 6:34:37 AMMay 6
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Vince,

The meeting took place but we're still not able to reproduce the issue.
The other user's data was not regular seismic, but 2D Sparker data...  and the sampling was odd.
The survey had a 0.026m sampling, whereas his 2D Seismic had 0.1m sampling and an average trace distance of 0.5m.
If Vince is willing to share his data, it would really help us diagnose the issue.

Is there any chance that you might be able to share (some of) your date, then please let me know and we can carry on via support where I can provide you with a ShareFile link for securely transferring it.

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford
Support Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:mark.c...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Mark Crawford

May 8, 2024, 6:24:11 AMMay 8
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Vince,

My colleague has now been able to reproduce the issue and has fixed it for the next release, OpendTect 7.0.6.

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford
Support Manager