Export - Faults planes

Daniel Mauricio Rojas Caro

Dec 6, 2022, 6:35:01 AM12/6/22
to OpendTect Users
Dear Opendtect Community,
I am Daniel Rojas, I am currently working on constructing a detailed structural model of my study area. For this, I estimated a fault likelihood volume and applied the Extracted Planes Tool of OpendTect and the result can be seen in the figure. I need to export all the planes, but I can't. Is it possible to export all of them?
Fault planes.PNG

Paul de Groot

Dec 6, 2022, 6:56:14 AM12/6/22
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi Daniel,

OpendTect exports all fault planes that are selected in the 3D scene. You can select planes manually with left-mouse click and shift click. To select all planes in the scene you press CONTROL - A.

Please note that you can use the sliders to remove small size faults, and faults dipping or striking in certain directions, before selecting the remaining ones to be converted to fault planes.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:paul.d...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 12:34 PM Daniel Mauricio Rojas Caro <d22...@dac.unicamp.br> wrote:
Dear Opendtect Community,
I am Daniel Rojas, I am currently working on constructing a detailed structural model of my study area. For this, I estimated a fault likelihood volume and applied the Extracted Planes Tool of OpendTect and the result can be seen in the figure. I need to export all the planes, but I can't. Is it possible to export all of them?

Daniel Mauricio Rojas Caro

Dec 7, 2022, 1:10:57 PM12/7/22
to us...@opendtect.org