3D Survey Setup

Bernard Asare

Jun 1, 2024, 9:38:54 AMJun 1
to us...@opendtect.org
Hello,

I recently updated my OpendTect Pro to 7.0.5 and I am having issues setting up a 3D Survey.

In setting up a new survey, the option “Scan SEGY Files” does not appear in “Create New Survey” dialog box.

Any help on how to resolve this or alternatives?

Regards,
Bernard.

Paul de Groot

Jun 1, 2024, 11:19:47 AMJun 1
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi Barnard,

This is weird. In my 7.0.5 version the option is present. It is greyed out if you toggle 2D and 3D off and Wells on but that is expected behavior. There are alternatives. If you do not have 3D seismic , the easiest option is Enter XY ranges. If you do have 3D I suggest "Enter by hand". In the coordinate settings tab specify 3 corner points of the 3D seismic volume. You also need to specify the Coordinate Reference System (or specify Unlocated XY). OpendTect will fill out the rest.

But if you do not see Scan SEGY at all, I fear something went wrong with your OpendTect upgrade and I recommend going for a fresh installation.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:paul.d...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Arnaud Huck

Jun 1, 2024, 1:55:39 PMJun 1
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Bernard,

Other users have reported this issue, and it is related to their Windows operating system missing required system libraries. Please install the latest MSVC redistributable package from the official windows download page. If you do not know what package to use you can directly use that link (from the same web page); A reboot of the machine will likely be required after this installation.

Best regards,
Arnaud Huck, MSc.
Chief Technical Officer
dGB Earth Sciences