Problems while loading 3D angle-stacks data

Nathalia Mattos

Apr 19, 2024, 12:00:26 PMApr 19
to OpendTect Users
Dear all,

I have a dataset of 5 partial angle-stacks 3D volumes I am trying to load to my OpendTect project with no success. They look exactly like a full-stack seismic volume and could load as such to my Petrel project. Now I need to transfer these volumes to OpendTect Pro. I initially tried using the PetrelDirect module, and while I could load the full-stack volume with no problems, when loading the partial stack data I got the following message:

"Info for input seismic data not found in Object Manager"

When I tried to execute in the batch mode, I got another message:

"The Petrel cube has a Lattice incompatible with OpendTect's survey setup"

Then I decided importing my segy files alone using the Import seg-y data module and the only message I get is "Cannot open file: Y:\(data location)". Trying to load the volume as a 3D Prestack data returns the same error message.

How can I solve this issue?

Kind regards,

Nathalia

Paul de Groot

Apr 20, 2024, 9:13:29 AMApr 20
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi Nathalia,

It looks like your OpendTect project setup does not correspond to the inline/crossline definitions in the angle stack files. Did you set your project up with PetrelDirect and did you select one of the angle stacks to do so? Do all angle stacks have the same dimensions? If not, please adjust the inline, crossline ranges to the maximum ranges in the 5 sub-volumes before transferring these.

Since you also have the angle stacks in SEG-Y format, you could also set up the project from one of the angle stack SEG-Y volumes. When you import the other volumes, please ensure that these fit in the defined ranges. If not, manually increase the ranges in the project setup window before importing the cubes.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:paul.d...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Nathalia Mattos

Apr 22, 2024, 6:50:43 AMApr 22
to us...@opendtect.org
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The problem was much easier to solve than I could expect, it was just a matter of large file names and storage in a stack of subfolders. Moving the files to the root folder and giving them a simpler name was enough to solve it.
I would also like to thank Raman for helping me sort this out.

Kind regards,

Nathalia

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpendTect Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/opendtect.org/d/msgid/users/CABuvx8E-dN6N2LbO2%3DJzB-zh%2B%3DbaVFVNEo%3DshXVFaj0LJAnc6Q%40mail.gmail.com.