Negative line numbers

MICK

Oct 30, 2022, 5:38:03 AM10/30/22
to us...@opendtect.org

Hi

I have a project with negative line numbers as well as positive ones ie the line range goes from -1000  to 2500.

I have found some things work with the negative  and some things don’t.

For instance I can’t use negative numbers when defining coordinates of corner points but I can set up the project with negative numbers and I can read a segy file into the project.

… and calculating attributes tends to crash / finish when minus signs are involved.

I work around by adding 10000 to the line  number (by editing the trace headers) and then subtracting 10000 when I write the calculated attribute out to SEGY.

Is there an easier way to handle this?

Mick

Oct 30, 2022, 5:47:01 AM10/30/22
to us...@opendtect.org
Hi Mick,

As far as I know, the answer is no, there is no easier way than your workaround. Sorry about that.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:paul.d...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

Nanne Hemstra

Oct 31, 2022, 5:21:47 PM10/31/22
to us...@opendtect.org, Michael Micenko
Hi Mick,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The project setup with negative inline/crossline numbers was an easy fix and can be considered done.

We also found an issue in the seismic data reader where it would stop reading data when finding the (0,0) position. So far, we have not encountered a crash. Did this happen with a specific attribute?

Thanks for your help in solving this issue.

Best regards,
Nanne

mic...@bigpond.com

Nov 4, 2022, 9:53:29 AM11/4/22
to us...@opendtect.org

Hi Nanne,

apologies for the delay but I’m juggling many things at the moment.

The calculation I was attempting was fault likelihood – the calculating started at the positive line number end and stopped at the 0 line number before it got to calculating the negative line nos.

There was no crash just a stop calculating.

Mick

Sent from Mail for Windows