install OpendTect

rui ma

Mar 15, 2024, 5:24:59 AMMar 15
to OpendTect Users
I am trying to install OpendTect, but after starting in administrator mode and clicking on proceed on this interface, it will crash and the firewall will not work. I want to find a solutione8da94d0eedc70135341616e89b9810.png

Mark Crawford

Mar 15, 2024, 6:56:54 AMMar 15
to us...@opendtect.org, ma541...@gmail.com
Dear User,

Please try using a fresh version of the OpendTect Installation Manager, available on this dGB Webpage: https://dgbes.com/software/download
And then proceed with a fresh installation (not update) into a new directory following these instructions: https://doc.opendtect.org/7.0.0/doc/admindoc/Default.htm#installation/opendtect/installing-opendtect-on-windows.htm
Please note: installing in C:\Program Files\OpendTect will require administrative rights. In case you want to prevent using the administrative rights then we suggest to install into a folder on which a normal user has permissions, e.g. into C:\Users\username\OpendTect

Do let us know if that allows for successful installation or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford
Support Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:mark.c...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 at 10:24, rui ma <ma541...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to install OpendTect, but after starting in administrator mode and clicking on proceed on this interface, it will crash and the firewall will not work. I want to find a solutione8da94d0eedc70135341616e89b9810.png

Mark Crawford

Mar 19, 2024, 6:19:01 AMMar 19
to ma541...@gmail.com, us...@opendtect.org
Dear Rui,

We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this issue but to do so I will need some info from you.
I will follow up with you privately via the support inbox.

Kind regards,
Mark

Mark Crawford
Support Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 4315155
E-mail:mark.c...@dgbes.com
Internet:dgbes.com

On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 at 04:48, ma541...@gmail.com <ma541...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using the latest installation manager downloaded from this webpage and started it as an administrator. But the one displayed above is V7.0.2 (development), and I don't know where the problem is.