OpendTect version 6.0.1 released

Kristofer Tingdahl

Mar 10, 2016, 8:23:56 AM3/10/16
to anno...@opendtect.org, dGB OpendTect userlist
Dear OpendTect users,

I am proud to announce the release of OpendTect 6.0.1 . This is an incremental patch release with:
  • A new Unconformity tracker. This feature is a part of the DipSteering plugin and creates a 3D Horizon that follows the pre-calculated dip-field, using a constrained inversion. The user can pick one or more seed locations, and the algorithm will create the horizon in between the seeds, following the dip-field. See image below and on our website.
  • Initial release of the Presentation Maker plugin. This plugin features the creation of Microsoft Power Point presentation from OpendTect.
  • Numerous bug-fixes and smaller improvements.
  • An updated Petrel plugin for enhanced connectivity. This plugin has to be installed separately through Petrel, and can be downloaded from http://www.opendtect.org/index.php/products/download
If you do not have a license for the new unconformity tracker, please request an evaluation license at: http://www.opendtect.org/index.php/contact/one-week-evaluation

Existing installation can be upgraded from the Installation Manager (under the Utilities->Installation menu) or from our download center: http://www.opendtect.org/index.php/products/download

The full release notes are available at:
http://www.opendtect.org/rel/RELEASE.txt and
http://opendtect.org/rel/RELEASE.dgb.txt

Enjoy the new release!

Kristofer Tingdahl