OpendTect patch release 6.4.5

Arnaud Huck

Dec 2, 2019, 7:11:31 AM12/2/19
to OpendTect announce

Hi all,

We have made a patch release for our latest stable version: OpendTect 6.4.5, which is now available for installation/update on Windows, Linux and Mac.

To install or update to the new version, either use the 'Installation -> Update' option from the Utilities menu in OpendTect or download the Installation Manager from our download center:
https://dgbes.com/index.php/download

We are please to announce that with this release, the free plugins suites 'COLOP' (Windows only) and 'WMPlugins' (Windows/Linux) are also available for OpendTect 6.4 directly via the installer.

For a list of bug-fixes that are included in the 6.4.5 release, please refer to
http://doc.opendtect.org/6.4.0/doc/ReleaseInfo/RELEASE.txt
and
http://doc.opendtect.org/6.4.0/doc/ReleaseInfo/RELEASE.dgb.txt

Best regards,

--
Arnaud Huck, MSc
Chief Technical Officer

Paul de Groot

Dec 2, 2019, 10:00:47 AM12/2/19
to anno...@opendtect.org
Dear all,

Please be informed that in addition to direct access to open source plugins release v6.4.5 also features several other important updates:
  1. OpendTect (free part): PowerPoint presentation maker will work out-of-the-box without the user having to install Python separately. This is because we henceforth ship an OpendTect-specific Python environment with the software.
  2. Dip-Steering plugin: New hybrid horizon tracker for fast tracking of multiple horizons. The "Inversion+" tracker combines inversion-based flattening (unconformity tracker) with similarity-based auto-tracking (OpendTect's conventional auto-tracker). The inversion part of the algorithm globally minimize the difference between horizon dip and seismic dip. At various points in the inversion loop additional seeds are added by the similarity-based tracker. The algorithm follows trackable events more closely than the unconformity tracker. Both inversion-based trackers are faster than similarity-based trackers because you don't have to edit loopskips and fill-in holes post-tracking with a gridding algorithm. Instead you QC, add additional seeds where needed and re-run the tracker until satisfied.
  3. Faults & Fractures plugin: The fault plane extraction tool now offers combined filtering on size, dip and azimuth.
Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot
Geoscience Manager

dGB Earth Sciences
Phone:+31 53 43 15 155

Xintian Wu

Dec 2, 2019, 11:19:47 PM12/2/19
to anno...@opendtect.org

Hi Paul,

Glad to know the new release for horioncube new tracker. We will test it and push our customer taste it.

Kind regards

Wu

发件人: Paul de Groot <paul.d...@dgbes.com>
答复: <anno...@opendtect.org>
日期: 2019122 星期一 下午11:07
收件人: <anno...@opendtect.org>
主题: Re: [OpendTect_Announce] OpendTect patch release 6.4.5

[...]

图像已被发件人删除。

dGB Earth Sciences

Phone:

+31 53 43 15 155

E-mail:

paul.d...@dgbes.com

Internet:

dgbes.com

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 1:11 PM Arnaud Huck <arnau...@dgbes.com> wrote:

[...]

图像已被发件人删除。 TerraNubis

dGB Earth Sciences

Paul de Groot

Dec 3, 2019, 5:52:51 AM12/3/19
to anno...@opendtect.org
Hi Wu,

Please be informed that the new "Inversion+" tracker is currently only for tracking horizons (one or more simultaneously). You can use this to quickly track framework horizons for a HorizonCube. Creation of horizons in between framework horizons must, in this version 6.4.5, be done with other algorithms, e.g. model-driven, which works well if framework horizons are not too far apart.

We are currently implementing the Inversion+ algorithm in the HorizonCube workflow itself. We want to be able to use the same workflow of: "picking seeds -> Inversion+ -> QC -> add more seeds -> rerun until satisfied" for all horizons in a HorizonCube. We intend to support this workflow in v6.6. This version will also feature the first release of our new machine learning plugin and is due later this month.

Regarding the PowerPoint Presentation Maker I stand corrected. It will not work out-of-the-box in v6.4.5:

When I installed OpendTect 6.4.5 I could not choose to install Python packages. These environments will be included with 6.6. It is however possible via menu Utilities -> Installation -> Python Settings to easily choose a system or custom Python installation via the menu. The user still needs to install Python or choose the system version.

Best regards,

Paul.

--
Paul de Groot