AllowedHost error

Lin, Kai

Dec 17, 2021, 4:01:31 PM12/17/21
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support

Hi Nathan,

Sorry to bother you. We put a S3 HDF5 file into out Hyrax server at

http://openaltimetry.ucsd.edu:8080/opendap/hyrax/data/dmrpp/openaltimetry/2019_12_30/processed_ATL08_20191229235445_00500603_004_01.h5.dmrpp.html

But when I access it, for example, to get the following subset of the data:

http://openaltimetry.ucsd.edu:8080/opendap/hyrax/data/dmrpp/openaltimetry/2019_12_30/processed_ATL08_20191229235445_00500603_004_01.h5.dmrpp.ascii?gt2l_land_segments_longitude%5B0:1:82%5D

It returns me this error:

Error {

    code = 403;

    message = "ERROR!! The chunk url https://openaltimetry.s3.sdsc.edu/icesat2/v4/2019-12-30/processed_ATL08_20191229235445_00500603_004_01.h5 does not match any of the AllowedHost rules.";

}

The data at

https://openaltimetry.s3.sdsc.edu/icesat2/v4/2019-12-30/processed_ATL08_20191229235445_00500603_004_01.h5

can be downloaded by wget or curl without any problem.  It seems the problem may come from the Hyrax side. How can we solve this issue?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

--Kai

Lin, Kai

Dec 17, 2021, 8:43:08 PM12/17/21
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support

Hi Nathan,

The problem was solved. I found the answer, that is, adding the following line:

AllowedHosts += ^https:\/\/openaltimetry\.s3\.sdsc\.edu\/.*$

Into “./build/etc/bes/site.conf” under Hyrax.

Thank you,

--Kai

Nathan Potter

Dec 17, 2021, 8:58:13 PM12/17/21
to Lin, Kai, Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Kai,

I’m sorry I did not get back to you in a timely manner. I have been tied up all day. But happily you found exactly the answer that I would have given you!

For my own edification, was there a documentation resource you found that explained it for you?
Did you ask the Google?

Thanks,

Nathan
= = =
Nathan Potter ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc. +1.541.231.3317

Lin, Kai

Dec 17, 2021, 9:04:28 PM12/17/21
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Nathan,

I vaguely remember that I seem to have asked you the same question before, but I can't recall the answer. I searched my inbox and actually found your answer that you sent me last Oct.

Actually, your answer helped me twice. Really appreciated.

Thank you and have a nice weekend,

--Kai