Data Download Error

斎藤輝

Jan 7, 2022, 4:02:21 AM1/7/22
to sup...@opendap.org
Hi.

When I tried to download the netcdf4 data of U50 and V50 from OPenDAP, I got an error message "Hyrax - Bad Request (400)" and the download failed.
Please tell me the cause.

best regards

Mr.Saito

Nathan Potter

Jan 7, 2022, 5:24:45 AM1/7/22
to 斎藤輝, Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Mr. Saito,

In order to help you we will need the full URL of the dataset you attempted to access.

If you can, please provide the URL or at least the URL of the server where you encountered this issue.

Sincerely,

Nathan
= = =
Nathan Potter ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc. +1.541.231.3317

斎藤輝

Jan 10, 2022, 7:52:06 PM1/10/22
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Mr.Nathan

Thank you for your reply.
Today, I tried to get the data again, and I was able to get it.

best regards

Saito

斎藤輝

Jan 10, 2022, 8:46:18 PM1/10/22
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Mr.Nathan

I have solved the problem, but can you tell me what the cause was?
The URL that gave me the error was, for example, when I wanted to get the data for 2021/11/1, I tried to get the NetCDF4 data from this URL and got an error.

best regards

2022年1月7日(金) 19:24 Nathan Potter <n...@opendap.org>:
Hi Mr. Saito,

Nathan Potter

Jan 11, 2022, 6:59:59 AM1/11/22
to 斎藤輝, Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Mr. Saito,

I am pleased that the server is working for you now.

OPeNDAP is the company that develops and provides (for free) the Hyrax server software that you encountered. There are a great many instances running at different institutions around the world. This means that without the complete URL of the server that you interacted with I have no possible way to know which instance of the server with which you were working.

With the complete URL we can easily determine the version of the Hyrax software that is running at that location, and often determine which institution is hosting there server. With that information we can reach out the to appropriate person to see if they can action to correct a problem that they may not be aware of. For example, the Hyrax server can at times encounter issues like resource starvation (a lack of available memory or disk resource) that can be addressed by human intervention.

Sincerely,

Nathan