Download Fail

Gonzalez-Hirshfeld, Ilan

Dec 9, 2021, 4:00:22 PM12/9/21
to sup...@opendap.org

Hello,

I am trying to download data from the “GHRSST NOAA/STAR GOES-16 ABI L2P America Region SST v2.70 dataset in GDS2” dataset and I keep getting this error:

Something Bad Happened On This Server.

The specific error message associated with your request was:

Expected only a single chunk for variable geostationary

I have selected a subset of variables and have tried multiple times and receive the same error. Please let me know how to get around this.

Thank you,

Ilan Gonzalez-Hirshfeld

Nathan Potter

Dec 22, 2021, 8:48:14 PM12/22/21
to Gonzalez-Hirshfeld, Ilan, Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Ilan,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply to you. I need to have the URL of the dataset that you are trying to access in order to help you. We at OPeNDAP are the developers of the server software that is returning the error, but we need to know which particular instance of the server is giving you trouble.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Nathan
= = =
Nathan Potter ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc. +1.541.231.3317

James Gallagher

Dec 28, 2021, 11:34:19 AM12/28/21
to Gonzalez-Hirshfeld, Ilan, Gallagher James, sup...@opendap.org
My apologies for the delay in responding. Are you still having this problem?

James
James Gallagher

signature.asc

Gonzalez-Hirshfeld, Ilan

Feb 1, 2022, 8:39:08 PM2/1/22
to Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am once again trying to download files and getting the same error. Here's a URL for one of them:

https://opendap.earthdata.nasa.gov/collections/C2036877612-POCLOUD/granules/20220201210000-STAR-L3C_GHRSST-SSTsubskin-ABI_G16-ACSPO_V2.70-v02.0-fv01.0.nc4

This error occurs anytime I try to download only a subset of the file. It would be great to take advantage of the subsetting capability. I have been just downloading the whole files, but this is impracticable for scaling to thousands of files. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Ilan Gonzalez-Hirshfeld
Research Associate
Pacific Northwest National Lab