Downloading dataset subset as .nc files

Sam Harrington

Dec 15, 2021, 12:30:56 AM12/15/21
to sup...@opendap.org

Hi OPeNDAP support,

I am attempting to download netcdf4 files (.nc) from the following dataset. While the dataset is described as a .nc dataset in the related research paper and in the OPeNDAP URL, when I try to "Get ASCII" after selecting my subset of the data I receive a .nc.dods file. I have been trying to figure out how to either download just a .nc file or convert the .nc.dods file to .nc so I can use the .nc file with the program I intend on running. Could you provide some assistance as to how I could either:
  1. Download a subset of the dataset as a .nc file (preferably using the URL or Python)
  2. Show me how I might be able to convert the .nc.dods file to .nc (again preferably with Python, but otherwise I could learn a bit of Matlab or C to achieve this).

Dataset URLs:

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I think I might be just missing something very simple.

Kind regards,

Sam Harrington
Project Engineer, Australian Seaweed Institute

Nathan Potter

Dec 15, 2021, 6:04:19 AM12/15/21
to Sam Harrington, Unidata THREDDS Support, Nathan Potter, OPeNDAP Support

Hi Sam,

The particular server with which you are interacting is an instance of the THREDDS Data Server (TDS) which is supported by UNIDATA. I have included the TDS support team on this response to you and I believe that they can sort out this issue for you.

Sincerely,

Nathan
= = =
Nathan Potter ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc. +1.541.231.3317

Sam Harrington

Dec 16, 2021, 9:01:09 PM12/16/21
to Nathan Potter, Unidata THREDDS Support, OPeNDAP Support

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for passing this action onto the appropriate team.

Cheers,