James
--
James Gallagher
jgallagher at opendap.org
406.723.8663

Roy Mendelssohn

未讀,
2011年6月9日 下午5:10:582011/6/9
收件者:Gallagher James、Tech OPeNDAP、ope...@opendap.org
Any more info available on the gateway Handler?

Thanks,

-Roy

> --

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097

e-mail: Roy.Men...@noaa.gov (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029
fax: (831)-648-8440
www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

Roy Mendelssohn

未讀,
2011年6月9日 下午5:30:402011/6/9
收件者:Gallagher James、Tech OPeNDAP、ope...@opendap.org
Right now we are doing databases either through the old java code or through pydap. So yes, in particular since we are migrating to new machines and need to think abouthow we do things.

-Roy

On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Gallagher James wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>
>> Any more info available on the gateway Handler?
>

> Here's the documentation page for the handler: http://docs.opendap.org/index.php/BES_-_Modules_-_Gateway_Module
>
> I'm more that happy to answer questions about it.
>
> Say, would you be interested in SQL support? We have beta code for that... It could be released in the OS/X Package which I think is pretty easy to install.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Gallagher James

未讀,
2011年6月9日 下午5:26:492011/6/9
收件者:Roy Mendelssohn、Tech OPeNDAP、ope...@opendap.org

On Jun 9, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:

> Any more info available on the gateway Handler?

Here's the documentation page for the handler: http://docs.opendap.org/index.php/BES_-_Modules_-_Gateway_Module

I'm more that happy to answer questions about it.

Say, would you be interested in SQL support? We have beta code for that... It could be released in the OS/X Package which I think is pretty easy to install.

Thanks,
James

Steve Hankin

未讀,
2011年6月9日 下午5:49:592011/6/9
收件者:Gallagher James、Roy Mendelssohn、Tech OPeNDAP、ope...@opendap.org

On 6/9/2011 2:26 PM, Gallagher James wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>
>> Any more info available on the gateway Handler?
> Here's the documentation page for the handler: http://docs.opendap.org/index.php/BES_-_Modules_-_Gateway_Module
>
> I'm more that happy to answer questions about it.
>
> Say, would you be interested in SQL support? We have beta code for that... It could be released in the OS/X Package which I think is pretty easy to install.

Hi James,

my 2 cents: An emerging big area for back-end SQL support will be to
align with the CF Discrete Sampling Geometries specification. (Final
formatting still not completed -- see
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/attachment/ticket/37/CFch9-may4.docx for
now.) The difficulty with SQL back ends for OPeNDAP in the past was
that there was no layer of conventions above them to allow apps to
readily decipher the semantics. That lead to poor interoperability;
SQL datasets through OPeNDAP too often required a human to make sense of
them before an application could. CF discrete geometries can provide
this level of semantics.

(Full disclosure: there is a good deal of unsettled terrain about the
optimal API for reading a CF Discrete Sampling Geometries dataset ...
and the data model behind the API. But all to the good to increase the
level of conversation on this topic.)

- Steve

回覆所有人
回覆作者