Available are source, linux (centos 5) RPMs for 32- and 64-bit Intel machines and an OS/X package for OS/X 10.5 and up.
This release fixes some minor problems with 1.7.0:
• This release fixes a problem on 32-bit computers. If you are not using a 64-bit computer to run Hyrax, there's no need to get this version - 1.7.0 works fine on 64-bit computers.
• Compressed file caching problem where the cache size set in the configuration file was not honored. (This was fixed in 1.7.0)
• Two problems with the HDF4 handler have been fixed: Some data sets failed because the handler confused similarly named variables and some HDF-EOS files did not work with the handler when it is not compiled and linked with the HDF-EOS2 library.
Features new to 1.7:
• A Gateway handler that can be used to serve data accessible from remote services.
• A Comma Separated Values handler that can be used to serve data stored in CSV formatted files.
• The NetCDF handler now reads NetCDF4 files that use the 'classic' NetCDF data model. This includes NetCDF files that employ chunking and compression. Note that you must provide/use the NetCDF4 library for this to work.
Also note that 1.7 contains ISO 19115 metadata support:
• beta A handler that returns ISO 19115 metadata documents for CF compliant data files and can return a 'rubric' noting how closely files come to meeting the criteria for complete 19115 metadata records. Note: This is also know as ncISO. To use this, you need to edit the URLs by hand for now. To get the ISO19115 response for a given dataset, replace a DAP suffix like '.dods' with '.iso'. To get the 'ncISO rubric, use the extension '.rubric'. In a future release these will be links on the directory pages. Thanks to Ted Haberman and Co. for help with this! Examples:
jgallagher at opendap.org