fortran f90 sample program to read HDF file from opendap server

Namba Takaya

Jun 8, 2011, 5:56:16 AM6/8/11
to ope...@opendap.org
Dear sir

I wish to do  fortran f90 or f77 program (opendap client) to read the HDF data from opendap server.
Is it possible that someone could give me a sample fortran program and explain how to include the libraries necessary for opendap client.

Takaya Namba

Gallagher James

Jun 8, 2011, 6:12:24 PM6/8/11
to Namba Takaya, ope...@opendap.org
The best choice for this is to use the Fortran bindings for nectcdf. You can download netcdf from the Unidata web site although it is often part of the 'scientific' packages bundled with various linux distributions.

James

Takaya Namba

James Gallagher
jgallagher at opendap.org

Namba Takaya

Jun 9, 2011, 6:30:58 AM6/9/11
to jgall...@opendap.org, ope...@opendap.org
Dear James

I explained in the Thread "read fortran unformatted data as opendap client".
I have the opendap server in my mac and that means that I already have all the necessary environment  for the opendap client.

Now I would like to run the fortran program to read the HDF or netcdf through opendap from remote computer.

 Is it possible that I can get the sample program with the explanation of including libraries, compiling parameters?

Best Regards,

Takaya Namba

Subject: Re: [opendap] fortran f90 sample program to read HDF file from opendap server
From: jgall...@opendap.org