error: I could not find libcurl for ./configure in libdap

Scarlett

May 26, 2016, 2:13:30 PM5/26/16
to OPeNDAP
Dear All:
-
I've been trying to install opendap. I have Ubuntu 12.04 and matlab 2009b. I download libdap-3.11.3 and loaddap-3.7.2 but when I run ./configure in libdap I get:
-
....checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for CURL... no
checking for libcurl... configure: error: I could not find libcurl
-
I had installed libcurl3, but I get the same error.
-
What can I do? Is the libdap and loaddap version correct?  Which libcurl I need to install for Ubuntu 12.04 and matlab 2009b? Or I need do something else?
-
Thanks in advance.
-
Scar

James Gallagher

May 26, 2016, 4:57:22 PM5/26/16
to Scarlett, OPeNDAP

Unfortunately, we don’t have support for the loaddap command any more. That said, you should be able to build libdap and loaddap on Ubuntu 12.

What version of gcc are you using? You’ve got curl installed - I’m assuming you used apt-get - did you install the curl-dev package too? If not, that will be needed. You may need to install libxml2-dev too, but I’m not sure about that.

Let me know how it goes,

James

-
Thanks in advance.
-
Scar

James Gallagher
jgall...@opendap.org
signature.asc

Scarlett

May 30, 2016, 5:27:38 PM5/30/16
to OPeNDAP, pinwika...@gmail.com
Hi!

Many thanks for your help.
Yes, I'm using apt-get. Sorry but I don know how should I be able to build libdap and loaddap on Ubuntu 12..
I've installed libxml2-dev without problem, but when I try to install curl-dev I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package curl-dev

How can I do? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Scarlett

James Gallagher

Jun 1, 2016, 5:58:31 PM6/1/16
to Scarlett, OPeNDAP, pinwika...@gmail.com

I wonder if it is called libcurl-dev?

Thanks in advance.
Scarlett

James Gallagher
jgall...@opendap.org
signature.asc

andre...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 3:34:56 PM10/10/16
to OPeNDAP, pinwika...@gmail.com
On Ubuntu Xenial 16.04:
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev