Eliminate the oc library...

Dennis Heimbigner

Feb 22, 2016, 2:59:18 PM2/22/16
to openda...@opendap.org
Is anyone (other than Unidata) using the oc library
for anything? I would like to just move it into the
Unidata netcdf-c library and otherwise mark it as obsolete.
Comments?

=Dennis Heimbigner
Unidata

James Gallagher

Feb 22, 2016, 3:41:51 PM2/22/16
to openda...@opendap.org, d...@ucar.edu, Daniel Holloway

On February 22, 2016 at 12:59:18, Dennis Heimbigner (d...@ucar.edu) wrote:

Is anyone (other than Unidata) using the oc library
for anything? I would like to just move it into the
Unidata netcdf-c library and otherwise mark it as obsolete.
Comments?

We may be using this for out IDL client, but I’m not sure.

Dan?

=Dennis Heimbigner
Unidata

James Gallagher
jgall...@opendap.org
signature.asc

Dan Holloway

Feb 22, 2016, 5:40:41 PM2/22/16
to James Gallagher, openda...@opendap.org, d...@ucar.edu
On Feb 22, 2016, at 1:10 PM, James Gallagher <jgall...@opendap.org> wrote:

On February 22, 2016 at 12:59:18, Dennis Heimbigner (d...@ucar.edu) wrote:

Is anyone (other than Unidata) using the oc library
for anything? I would like to just move it into the
Unidata netcdf-c library and otherwise mark it as obsolete.
Comments?

We may be using this for out IDL client, but I’m not sure.

   We did use the oc library for the IDL client, though I think it was never complete with regard to Sequence handling.  We never released that client due to Sequences not really finalized in DAP4 at the time of the client development effort.

   Dan