Hyrax 1.12.1

James Gallagher

Sep 22, 2015, 1:15:27 PM9/22/15
to Tech OPeNDAP, ope...@opendap.org, James Gallagher
Greetings,

OPeNDAP has release Hyrax version 1.12.1 (http://www.opendap.org/download/hyrax/1.12).

NcML Aggregation Improvements - We have spent a significant effort improving the performance of the NcML aggregation module. Improvements include:

* ​Reduced Memory Utilization - This new version of the server releases memory in a more timely manner, reducing overall memory consumption for aggregated responses by as much as 3 orders of magnitude. (No kidding!)

* Decreased Response Latency - We define response latency as the elapsed time from the receipt of the request to the beginning of the response transmission. This new version of the server should greatly reduce, if not eliminate, the previous problem of clients timing-out while waiting for the response.

* Parallel I/O Operations - This will greatly reduce the overall time to retrieve the response from the server.

Improvements for specific formats:

HDF5:
* Support for general 1D and 2D lat/lon HDF5 and netCDF-4-classic-like 2D lat/lon products.
* A BES option to check the ignored object mapping information from HDF5 to DAP2 was added for the CF option.
* 'Pure' DAP4 support - the handler now uses all of the DAP4 types, some of which were added to DAP4 specifically to capture the semantics of HDF5.

​HDF4:
* Added caching support for the NASA AIRS version 6 products.
* Added caching support for non-HDFEOS data files.
* Added 1-D coordinate variables and grid_mapping CF attributes for HDF-EOS2 Sinusoidal projection products.

Bug fixes - see the web site.

Thanks to our beta testers!

James
--