VOLTHA: OMCI questions

Joey Armstrong

May 31, 2024, 9:59:51 AMMay 31
to evan_...@sdc.sercomm.com, Easo...@sdc.sercomm.com, lance...@sdc.sercomm.com, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org
Hi Evan,

Abhilash was able to fill in details for your questions.
Forwarding answers to the voltha-discuss mailing list(s) for posterity.

--
-- Joey

Hi Joey,

I provision an OLT with BBSim and study the OMCI between BBSim and Voltha. Here are the commands to deploy Voltha with workflow.

helm upgrade --install -n infra voltha-infra onf/voltha-infra -f examples/dt-fttb-values.yaml
helm upgrade --install -n voltha bbsim0 onf/bbsim --set olt_id=10 -f examples/dt-fttb-values.yaml
helm upgrade --install --create-namespace   -n voltha voltha onf/voltha-stack   --set global.stack_name=voltha   --set voltha_infra_name=voltha-infra   --set voltha_infra_namespace=infra

And now I have some questions about the Voltha's OMCI.

  1. The current situation we see is that the OMCI issued by Voltha only contains the relevant ME on the UNI side, and the GEM port side does not have any settings to be delivered. Is this part of the OMCI controlled by Voltha, where should we configure it, and is there any documentation for it?

  1. At the same time, we also want to ask: from the OMCI information we have obtained, the current ME on the UNI side only contains the action of Create ME, and does not do Set, we guess that this is also caused by the fact that we do not configure ONU/OLT, is this the case?

  1. We are concerned that the process of FlowAdd will contain Alloc ID, GEM port ID and other information, is it the agent to fill in the OMCI through this part of the information?

Joey Armstrong
The Linux Foundation
jarmstrong@linuxfoundation
New York (EST)

Evan Zhang

Jun 4, 2024, 7:59:37 AMJun 4
to Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
Hi Joey, Abhilash

Thanks for your help.
The BBSim's flows not pushed successfully lead to the OMCI anomaly and now we have fixed it.
Now we have another question, we want to deploy a physical OLT on VOLTHA, but we don't know much about the details of Flow.
 When BBSim is deployed, bbsim-sadis-server will deliver some default configurations to BBSim, such as binding bandwidth and technologyProfileId, and ONOs will also seem to request the above mentioned configurations from bbsim-sadis-server. After the BBSim device is launched (I mean create and enable), the ONOs will automatically push three flows.

If we switch to our own physical OLT, then we do not confirm how to configure the configuration of bbsim-sadis-server delivery and the flows of ONOs. It would also be nice to have some documentation or some examples of deploying physical OLTs. We would like to get more information about VOLTHA's process of generating OMCI through flow and TechnologyProfile.
Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards
Evan@1128

Jun 6, 2024, 1:15:12 AMJun 6
to Evan Zhang, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
HI Evan,

There are different workflows you may configure, please follow link https://docs.voltha.org/master/overview/workflows.html.

There are documentations on how to push the techprofiles , bandwidth profiles and services.

Thanks,
Abhilash

Evan Zhang

Jun 7, 2024, 2:56:37 AMJun 7
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
Hi Abhilash,

Thans for your help. I have studied the doc you provided, but I still have some questions.

1.We are designing our own Whitebox OLT. If we implement the gRPC API at the arrow in the figure above, will VOLTHA already have the ability to manage and configure our OLT and Enables the ONU under the OLT to obtain the complete OMCI configuration and access the Internet?

2.We've implemented some of the key gRPC API at the arrows in the image above and want to test if Voltha is able to manage our OLT and ONU. We try to deploy our physical OLT but something wrong. The OMCI still miss the GEM port side ME and ONOs also have some error. We put the relevant configuration process and part of the log in the attachment. We would like to know if there are some gaps or errors in our configuration process?

We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Best Regards
Evan@1128

Jun 7, 2024, 3:36:42 AMJun 7
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
Hi Abhilash,

I uploaded the OMCI attachment in the last email incorrectly, sorry, you can ignore this document.

Best Regards
Evan@1128

Jun 7, 2024, 4:08:20 AMJun 7
to Evan Zhang, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
HI Evan,

If you are using the openolt adapter (assuming all the APIs towards the OLT are implemented)  then VOLTHA will be able to add/activate OLTs and ONUs provided the OLT will take care of activating chipsets and range the ONUs.
From what you have shared i see that OLT got activated and the ONUs got discovered as well. The NNI port and uni ports are available, but the OMCIs towards the ONUs are not going through.
Can you please share the openolt adapter logs in debug mode from the beginning
Thanks,
Abhilash

Evan Zhang

Jun 7, 2024, 5:32:15 AMJun 7
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@openntworking.org, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your answer.
I've put the log files in the attachment, include olt_adapter, onu_adapter, voltha_core adapter and voltha-infra-onos-classic-0.

Best Regards
Evan@1128

Jun 13, 2024, 5:35:36 AMJun 13
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, Abhilash Satish Laxmeshwar, Eason Su, Lance Huang, voltha-...@opencord.org, Joey Armstrong
Hi Abhilash,

We've found the problem, which is that there are still some problems with the code of our white-box OLT.
We are still very grateful for your previous help.

Best Regards
Evan@1128