VOLTHA services restarting issue

Sreelakshmi K S

Sep 26, 2023, 4:43:51 AM9/26/23
to VOLTHA Discuss
Hello,

I am currently facing an issue while attempting to bring up Voltha services in a Minikube Kubernetes cluster, and I'm seeking some guidance or insights to resolve the problem.

The Problem:
When trying to bring up Voltha services, specifically rw_core and adapter_openolt, both of these services keep restarting intermittently

Our Setup:
- Kubernetes Client: Minikube
- Deployment Process Followed: We followed the steps outlined in the official documentation at https://github.com/opencord/voltha-go/blob/master/quickstart.md as our guide.

However, despite following the documentation, we couldn't identify the root cause of why these services are not remaining stable. We have checked logs and configuration files, but the issue persists.

Are there any specific dependencies that we may have missed?

I kindly request your assistance in troubleshooting this issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or can provide guidance on debugging and resolving this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please find the attachment

Thank you in advance for your help.
image.png

Abhilash Lakshmeshwar

Sep 26, 2023, 5:48:27 AM9/26/23
to Sreelakshmi K S, VOLTHA Discuss
Hi,

Can you please share the logs ? what version of adapter and rw-core are you using?

Thanks,
Abhilash

Disclaimer: © 2023 VVDN Technologies Pvt. Ltd. This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.

Sreelakshmi K S

Sep 26, 2023, 6:17:51 AM9/26/23
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Please Find the attachments

--
Best Regards
Sreelakshmi K S

Abhilash Lakshmeshwar

Sep 26, 2023, 7:34:19 AM9/26/23
to Sreelakshmi K S, VOLTHA Discuss
Could you please try with the latest voltha-helmcharts. i see no issues with the latest

Sreelakshmi K S

Sep 26, 2023, 9:06:20 AM9/26/23
to Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Hi,
We have tried the voltha-helm (with minikube kubernets clusters),but we are stuck with some crd issues while executing below command.

~$ helm upgrade --install --create-namespace -n infra voltha-infra onf/voltha-infra

Release "voltha-infra" does not exist. Installing it now.

Error: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: resource mapping not found for name: "voltha-infra-atomix-pdb" namespace: "" from "": no matches for kind "PodDisruptionBudget" in version "policy/v1beta1"

ensure CRDs are installed first,

Abhilash Lakshmeshwar

Sep 26, 2023, 11:23:17 AM9/26/23
to Sreelakshmi K S, VOLTHA Discuss
HI,

it looks like the kubernetes version you are using doesnt support 'policy/v1beta1", could you please recheck it

Thanks,
Abhilash

Serkant Uluderya

Sep 26, 2023, 3:54:44 PM9/26/23
to Sreelakshmi K S, Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Hi Sreelakshmi,

Please check the updated documentation here for installation: https://docs.voltha.org/master/index.html

Also please make sure you're using a k8s version no later than 1.24.

Best,
Serkant

--
Sincerely,
Serkant

Sreelakshmi K S

Sep 27, 2023, 5:38:18 AM9/27/23
to Serkant Uluderya, Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Thank you for the support !!
Your instructions were incredibly helpful

Sreelakshmi K S

Sep 29, 2023, 5:29:04 AM9/29/23
to Serkant Uluderya, Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Hi,
we proceed with https://docs.voltha.org/master/index.html this doc.But we are facing some issues with kafka
voltctl event listen --filter type=DEVICE_EVENT -F
ERROR: kafka: client has run out of available brokers to talk to (Is your cluster reachable?)
could you help to resolve this .

Serkant Uluderya

Sep 29, 2023, 2:59:00 PM9/29/23
to Sreelakshmi K S, Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Hi,

Please check the voltctl config with voltctl config command. You should probably need to set the correct Kafka endpoint.
Also you can check the available options with voltctl help command.

Sreelakshmi K S

Oct 2, 2023, 11:30:26 PM10/2/23
to Serkant Uluderya, Abhilash Lakshmeshwar, VOLTHA Discuss
Thanks, I'll check it out.