Asking the hardware to build CORD platform with seperate fabric

Tri Trinh

Jul 13, 2020, 10:56:05 PM7/13/20
to CORD Discuss
Hello!

I would like to implement Seba-in-a-Box with a fabric switch as instructed in: https://guide.opencord.org/profiles/seba/siab-with-fabric-switch.html
And when I went to the supported hardware, the only following devices are supported. I has a HP SDN switch: HP 2920-24G Switch J9726A;  I would like to ask whether I can use this switch to build an experiment Seba-in-a-Box with a fabric switch?

Best regards
Trí

Fabric Switches - see also the Trellis Documentation Supported Hardware

1G/10G models (with 40G uplinks)
OCP Accepted™ EdgeCore AS5712-54X
OCP Accepted™ EdgeCore AS5812-54X
QuantaMesh T3048-LY8
Delta AG7648
Inventec D6254 (verified by Inventec)
25G models (with 100G uplinks)
QuantaMesh BMS T7032-IX1/IX1B (with 25G breakout cable)
Inventec D7054Q28B (verified by Inventec)
40G models
OCP Accepted™ EdgeCore AS6712-32X
100G models
OCP Accepted™ EdgeCore AS7712-32X
QuantaMesh BMS T7032-IX1/IX1B
OCP Accepted™ Inventec D7032Q28B (verified by Inventec)

Andrea Campanella

Jul 14, 2020, 3:51:37 AM7/14/20
to Tri Trinh, CORD Discuss
Hi,

If the switch is not on the list it means that is not been tested by ONF and the result is not guaranteed. If the Switch supports the OFDPA OF 1.3 pipeline it is possibile that it may work, but not sure until it is tested.
My suggestion would be to plug it in, fire ONOS + Trellis up, send the config and see.

Cheers,
Andrea Campanella

Member of Technical Staff at ONF
Member of ONOS Technical Steering Team
Member of Ambassador Steering Team, ONOS and CORD Community

Tri Trinh

Jul 14, 2020, 4:50:52 AM7/14/20
to Andrea Campanella, CORD Discuss
Hello Andrea!

Thank you very much  for your quick response. I would like to ask before buying the switch so I could not have it now to try.

Best Regards
Tri

Andrea Campanella

Jul 15, 2020, 2:41:45 PM7/15/20
to Tri Trinh, CORD Discuss
Oh, I see, maybe HP has more information.
What we use is the OFDPA pipeline with OF 1.3 as I mentioned before, if that is supported.

Cheers,
Andrea Campanella

Member of Technical Staff at ONF
Member of ONOS Technical Steering Team
Member of Ambassador Steering Team, ONOS and CORD Community

Tri Trinh

Jul 29, 2020, 4:52:41 AM7/29/20
to Andrea Campanella, CORD Discuss
Hello Andrea!

I have finished installing the SiaB with Fabric switch and I can ping from rg to BNG at 172.18.0.10. Now I want to access to Internet from RG; could you help advising me how to configure it?

Thank you
Tri