[runtime-spec VOTE] tag e45c2e6 as v1.0.0 (closes Wed Jul 19 18:46:01 UTC 2017)

Vincent Batts

Jul 12, 2017, 2:51:17 PM7/12/17
to Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Batts, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Gravi, Huang, dev
Hey everyone,

This is it, the vote for v1.0.0 of the runtime specification.

This tag is effectively the same as the rc6 tag, but with the version bump (also a ChangeLog update and removal of pre-v1 roadmap).

If you agree reply with LGTM.
If you disagree reply with REJECT and your reasoning.

vb

Tianon Gravi

Jul 12, 2017, 3:00:02 PM7/12/17
to Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
LGTM

Full diff: https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/compare/v1.0.0-rc6...e45c2e6

♥,
- Tianon
4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36 4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4

Vincent Batts

Jul 12, 2017, 3:01:35 PM7/12/17
to Tianon Gravi, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
oh there were other merges, but they are needed. Thanks for that clarification.

Vincent Batts

Jul 12, 2017, 6:00:05 PM7/12/17
to Tianon Gravi, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
Heads up from the weekly discussion. As this vote was just kicked off a few hours ago, we decided to get https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/895 and "relocation of the oom adjust score to memory" merged, and rebase this v1.0.0 vote with the two PRs.

vb

Vincent Batts

Jul 12, 2017, 7:40:07 PM7/12/17
to Tianon Gravi, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
Okay all,

All-clear to review https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/893 as the v1.0.0 vote. The PRs https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/896 and https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/897 were pulled in, as decided in the weekly call today.

Tianon, please recast your LGTM/REJECT once you've reviewed.

All others,

If you agree reply with LGTM.
If you disagree reply with REJECT and your reasoning.

vb

W. Trevor King

Jul 12, 2017, 8:01:27 PM7/12/17
to Vincent Batts, Tianon Gravi, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:39:54PM +0000, Vincent Batts wrote:
> All-clear to review
> https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/893 as the
> v1.0.0 vote.

The commit to be tagged is actually 02137cd4, where the version is set
to 1.0.0 [1]. e45c2e6 (which you give in your title) is a post-1.0.0
commit which you've included in the PR to ease development into
whatever the next version is going to be (although I'm not sure we
know what version that will be [2]). Maybe we should drop e45c2e6
from the PR and figure out the post-1.0 branching strategy first?

Does an opinionated maintainer want to open a thread on branching
strategies? I'm happy to launch one if there are no opinionated
maintainers ;).

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/893/commits/02137cd4e50b37a01665e1731fcd4ac2d2178230
[2]: https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/pull/893#discussion_r127100321

signature.asc

Tianon Gravi

Jul 13, 2017, 4:08:08 PM7/13/17
to Vincent Batts, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Kannan, Patel, Dao Quang Minh, Philips, Huang, dev
LGTM (commit 02137cd)

Full compare link:
https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/compare/v1.0.0-rc6...02137cd
(for future reviewers, if you so choose to re-review full diff from
previous release to proposed-v1.0.0)

♥,
- Tianon
4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36 4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4

Qiang Huang

Jul 13, 2017, 10:21:44 PM7/13/17
to dev, vba...@gmail.com, vba...@redhat.com, mic...@docker.com, vis...@google.com, mpa...@redhat.com, dqmi...@gmail.com, brandon...@coreos.com, h.huan...@huawei.com
LGTM

Mrunal Patel

Jul 14, 2017, 10:42:53 AM7/14/17
to Qiang Huang, dev, Vincent Batts, Vincent Batts, michael, Vishnu Kannan, Daniel Dao Quang Minh, Brandon Philips
LGTM

Michael Crosby

Jul 14, 2017, 12:27:52 PM7/14/17
to Mrunal Patel, Qiang Huang, dev, Vincent Batts, Vincent Batts, michael, Vishnu Kannan, Daniel Dao Quang Minh, Brandon Philips
LGTM
--
Michael Crosby
@crosbymichael

Vishnu Kannan

Jul 14, 2017, 7:16:29 PM7/14/17
to dev, mpa...@redhat.com, h.huan...@huawei.com, vba...@gmail.com, vba...@redhat.com, mic...@docker.com, vis...@google.com, dqmi...@gmail.com, brandon...@coreos.com
LGTM
LGTM

LGTM

Michael Crosby
@crosbymichael

bra...@ifup.org

Jul 17, 2017, 10:26:07 AM7/17/17
to dev
LGTM

Dao Quang Minh

Jul 17, 2017, 10:50:49 AM7/17/17
to bra...@ifup.org, dev

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:26 PM, <bra...@ifup.org> wrote:
LGTM

Vincent Batts

Jul 17, 2017, 10:55:12 AM7/17/17
to Dao Quang Minh, bra...@ifup.org, dev
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:50 AM Dao Quang Minh <dqmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

these seem ok for a 1.0.Z

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:26 PM, <bra...@ifup.org> wrote:
LGTM

W. Trevor King

Jul 17, 2017, 12:53:59 PM7/17/17
to Vincent Batts, Dao Quang Minh, bra...@ifup.org, dev

#889 would be a patch level bump if our SemVer covered JSON Schema
consumers (who, with #889, gain the ability to validate
linux.intelRdt). There seems to be some disagreement, or at least
confusion, about what our SemVer covers [1]. Vincent suggesting those
PRs are all patch-level changes implies that he agrees with me that
JSON Schema consumers are not covered by our SemVer, but it would be
nice to spell that out somewhere (after we cut 1.0?). Otherwise JSON
Schema consumers unaware of these previous decisions might consider
themselves protected.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opencontainers/2017/opencontainers.2017-07-12-21.02.log.html#l-42
signature.asc

Vincent Batts

Jul 17, 2017, 2:44:28 PM7/17/17
to Vishnu Kannan, dev, mpa...@redhat.com, h.huan...@huawei.com, vba...@gmail.com, mic...@docker.com, dqmi...@gmail.com, brandon...@coreos.com
Reminder, this vote closes on Wednesday July 19th (2 days away).

vb

Dao Quang Minh

Jul 18, 2017, 5:10:56 AM7/18/17
to Vincent Batts, Vishnu Kannan, dev, Mrunal Patel, Huang, Vincent Batts, Michael Crosby, Brandon Philips
LGTM

i'm ok with those 4 patches in 1.0.x