OCI F2F @ ContainerCon Europe (Berlin)

George Lestaris

Aug 12, 2016, 11:14:45 AM8/12/16
to William Martin, d...@opencontainers.org
Hello all,

will any of you be attending the European ContainerCon? A few people from the CloudFoundry container runtime will be probably attending the conference. Would you be interested in organising a European F2F?

Thanks,
George and Will

Vincent Batts

Aug 12, 2016, 11:16:52 AM8/12/16
to George Lestaris, William Martin, d...@opencontainers.org

I will be there

Jonathan Boulle

Aug 12, 2016, 11:32:15 AM8/12/16
to Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev
I should be around.

I will be there

Graham Whaley

Aug 12, 2016, 1:01:11 PM8/12/16
to Jonathan Boulle, Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev
I should be there, and will attend if it doesn't clash with anything else etc.

Graham

On 12 August 2016 at 16:31, Jonathan Boulle <jonatha...@coreos.com> wrote:
> I should be around.
>
> On 12 August 2016 at 17:16, Vincent Batts <vba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I will be there
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016, 11:14 George Lestaris <gles...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> will any of you be attending the European ContainerCon? A few people from
>>> the CloudFoundry container runtime will be probably attending the
>>> conference. Would you be interested in organising a European F2F?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> George and Will

Vincent Batts

Aug 12, 2016, 1:14:50 PM8/12/16
to Graham Whaley, Jonathan Boulle, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Graham Whaley <graham...@gmail.com> wrote:
I should be there, and will attend if it doesn't clash with anything else etc.

Oh cool. Hopefully I'll get you a solution for building docs with a local pandoc before then :-D

vb

Stephen Day

Aug 12, 2016, 3:09:10 PM8/12/16
to Vincent Batts, Graham Whaley, Jonathan Boulle, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev
I'll be there!

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Vincent Batts <vba...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Graham Whaley <graham...@gmail.com> wrote:
I should be there, and will attend if it doesn't clash with anything else etc.

Oh cool. Hopefully I'll get you a solution for building docs with a local pandoc before then :-D

vb
 Graham

On 12 August 2016 at 16:31, Jonathan Boulle <jonatha...@coreos.com> wrote:
> I should be around.
>
> On 12 August 2016 at 17:16, Vincent Batts <vba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I will be there
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016, 11:14 George Lestaris <gles...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> will any of you be attending the European ContainerCon? A few people from
>>> the CloudFoundry container runtime will be probably attending the
>>> conference. Would you be interested in organising a European F2F?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> George and Will

Graham Whaley

Aug 13, 2016, 6:35:01 AM8/13/16
to Vincent Batts, Jonathan Boulle, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev
On 12 August 2016 at 18:14, Vincent Batts <vba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Graham Whaley <graham...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I should be there, and will attend if it doesn't clash with anything else
>> etc.
>>

> Oh cool. Hopefully I'll get you a solution for building docs with a local
> pandoc before then :-D

heh heh - yeah, I'm just not finding the time to have a look at that -
I now have the things in place I think I need to have a look - apart
from time :-)
And I can't forsee me finding a slot in the next couple of weeks.
It's still 'on my list' though.

Graham

Vincent Batts

Sep 7, 2016, 6:37:26 AM9/7/16
to Graham Whaley, Jonathan Boulle, George Lestaris, William Martin, dev

Dusting this thread off for Chris. :-)

Antonio Murdaca

Sep 7, 2016, 6:41:30 AM9/7/16
to Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, William Martin, dev, Graham Whaley

I'll be there!

Julz Friedman

Sep 7, 2016, 7:46:05 AM9/7/16
to Antonio Murdaca, Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, William Martin, dev, Graham Whaley
Me too! :)

I'll be there!

William Martin

Sep 7, 2016, 9:09:25 AM9/7/16
to Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, dev, Graham Whaley
I've created a spreadsheet here to track this, as some clever person did for KubeCon

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

William Martin

Sep 7, 2016, 9:09:43 AM9/7/16
to Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, Vincent Batts, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, dev, Graham Whaley

Vincent Batts

Sep 7, 2016, 9:24:34 AM9/7/16
to William Martin, Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, dev, Graham Whaley
Thanks William

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

Qiang Huang

Sep 7, 2016, 11:19:33 PM9/7/16
to Vincent Batts, William Martin, Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, dev, Graham Whaley
I'll be there, so +1 :)

Thanks William

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

Rob Dolin

Sep 8, 2016, 2:22:28 PM9/8/16
to dev, Chris Aniszczyk, William Martin, Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, Graham Whaley, Vincent Batts, Qiang Huang

I won’t be there L, but would love to participate remotely if audio (or A/V) is available and timing was late enough in Europe to not be too early in USA Pacific.

Thanks William

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

Brandon Philips

Sep 8, 2016, 2:39:25 PM9/8/16
to George Lestaris, William Martin, d...@opencontainers.org
I will be there.

Chris Aniszczyk

Sep 8, 2016, 2:41:05 PM9/8/16
to Rob Dolin, dev, William Martin, Julz Friedman, Antonio Murdaca, George Lestaris, Jonathan Boulle, Graham Whaley, Vincent Batts, Qiang Huang
we'll make sure there's a phone/projector in the room

Thanks William

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

>> > --

Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Chris Aniszczyk

Sep 11, 2016, 5:08:02 PM9/11/16
to dev, robd...@microsoft.com, wma...@pivotal.io, julz.f...@gmail.com, amur...@redhat.com, gles...@pivotal.io, jonatha...@coreos.com, graham...@gmail.com, vba...@gmail.com, qhuan...@gmail.com, canis...@linuxfoundation.org
I was able to secure space for the 4th

Does anyone have a preference for meeting time? morning? lunch? afternoon?

Thanks William

Me too! :)

I'll be there!

George Lestaris

Sep 11, 2016, 5:56:19 PM9/11/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, dev, amur...@redhat.com, canis...@linuxfoundation.org, graham...@gmail.com, jonatha...@coreos.com, julz.f...@gmail.com, qhuan...@gmail.com, robd...@microsoft.com, vba...@gmail.com, wma...@pivotal.io
That's great Chris, thanks!

I would personally prefer to have the F2F after the morning keynotes, i.e. past 10:40am.

Chris Aniszczyk

Sep 12, 2016, 12:04:31 PM9/12/16
to George Lestaris, Chris Aniszczyk, dev, Antonio Murdaca, Graham Whaley, Jonathan Boulle, Julz Friedman, Huang Qiang, Rob Dolin, Vincent Batts, William Martin
tentatively blocked out 11:30am-1:30pm, trying to get lunch catered also in the room since lunch is on your own that day

Rob Dolin

Sep 12, 2016, 1:37:00 PM9/12/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, Chris Aniszczyk, dev

> tentatively blocked out 11:30am-1:30pm

If you intent to have remote participation from the USA, please consider scheduling the meeting for later in the day.

Chris Aniszczyk

Sep 13, 2016, 7:06:39 PM9/13/16
to Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
this has been rescheduled to 5-6pm local time which is a bit more amenable for people to attend it from the US remotely.

I've updated the room information + LF contact

We should be all set there.

In terms of agenda, I added some suggested topics but looking for the TDC to help fill that out :)

Vincent Batts

Oct 3, 2016, 10:51:52 AM10/3/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev

Hey Chris,
What are the particular details on this meetup?

vb

Stephen Day

Oct 3, 2016, 12:12:26 PM10/3/16
to Vincent Batts, Chris Aniszczyk, Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
I'll be around. Per Vbatts, what are the details?

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Vincent Batts <vba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Chris,
What are the particular details on this meetup?

vb

Graham Whaley

Oct 3, 2016, 4:16:36 PM10/3/16
to Stephen Day, Vincent Batts, Chris Aniszczyk, Chris Aniszczyk, dev, Rob Dolin

Are we talking about the meet time and venue tomorrow, which I thought were in the google doc?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ieeNglCnaTMTmYVwjfZVBOS0zMnu-HLAykSVyaHN25M/edit?usp=sharing

Graham

Chris Aniszczyk

Oct 4, 2016, 5:38:00 AM10/4/16
to Stephen Day, Vincent Batts, Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
details are in the doc, but I'll just paste it here:

OCI F2F - Linux ContainerCon Berlin

Location: Lincke Room

Times: October 4th @ 5pm - 6pm (tentative)

LF Contact (if anything goes wrong): Megan Phillips <mphi...@linuxfoundation.org>

Agenda

  • Path to v1.0.0

  • Post v1.0.0 planning

  • Image spec: post-v1.0.0 - repositories and distribution

  • Image tools: image-tools as a library (unpacking, signature verification, CAS implementation)

    • State of the PRs

  • TODO

Attendees/Interested Parties:

Will Martin Pivotal

George Lestaris Pivotal

Julian Friedman IBM

Phil Estes IBM

Chris Aniszczyk          LF/CNCF

Vincent Batts Red Hat

Antonio Murdaca Red Hat

Jon Boulle CoreOS

Graham Whaley Intel OTC

Stephen Day Docker

Dan Kohn        CNCF

People who expressed interest on email but haven’t written here:

Qiang Huang

Brandon Phillips

Rob Dolin (Remote)

Aleksa Sarai

Oct 4, 2016, 6:57:41 AM10/4/16
to d...@opencontainers.org
> Attendees/Interested Parties:
>
> Will MartinPivotal
>
> George Lestaris Pivotal
>
> Julian FriedmanIBM
>
> Phil EstesIBM
>
> Chris Aniszczyk LF/CNCF
>
> Vincent BattsRed Hat
>
> Antonio MurdacaRed Hat
>
> Jon BoulleCoreOS
>
> Graham WhaleyIntel OTC
>
> Stephen DayDocker
>
> Dan Kohn CNCF

It's possible that Flavio Castelli (a co-worker of mine) will sit in.
I've added him to the Google Doc.

--
Aleksa Sarai
Software Engineer (Containers)

Qiang Huang

Oct 4, 2016, 10:30:53 AM10/4/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, Stephen Day, Vincent Batts, Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
Sorry for the late, I've edited and added one more colleague Nan Zhou to the attendees list.

Jonathan Boulle

Oct 4, 2016, 10:54:10 AM10/4/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, mphi...@linuxfoundation.org, dev
At the room but the doors are locked. Chris/Megan, is someone from LF joining?

Jonathan Boulle

Oct 4, 2016, 10:59:32 AM10/4/16
to Chris Aniszczyk, mphi...@linuxfoundation.org, dev

Sorted!

Megan Phillips

Oct 4, 2016, 11:01:33 AM10/4/16
to Jonathan Boulle, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
Someone is on their way. So sorry about that!

Qiang Huang <qhuan...@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 4. Okt. 2016, 16:30:
Sorry for the late, I've edited and added one more colleague Nan Zhou to the attendees list.

--
Megan Phillips
Conference Planner
The Linux Foundation

Vincent Batts

Oct 4, 2016, 11:08:42 AM10/4/16
to Qiang Huang, Chris Aniszczyk, Stephen Day, Rob Dolin, Chris Aniszczyk, dev
https://www.uberconference.com/opencontainers for those watching at home