endtime parameter Wowza URL signing

Ferran C

Oct 28, 2022, 3:29:17 AM10/28/22
to Opencast Users
Hello everyone,

We are trying to use URL signing with Wowza but we are having problems.

The problem we have is with the "endtime" parameter that OpenCast generates it with 13 digits, since it is based on milliseconds, but Wowza uses 10 digits, a precision of seconds.

Is there a way to configure OpenCast so that it outputs the "endtime" parameter as seconds with 10 digits?

Best regards, Ferran.

Ruth Lang

Nov 17, 2022, 1:17:32 PM11/17/22
to Opencast Users, Ruth Lang
Hi,

We have modified the code for
modules/urlsigning-service-impl/src/main/java/org/opencastproject/security/urlsigning/provider/impl/WowzaUrlSigningProvider.java
and set

final String endTime = Long.toString(policy.getValidUntil().getMillis() / 1000);
  startTime = Long.toString(policy.getValidFrom().get().getMillis() / 1000);

Hopefully that helps

Regards
Ruth