Videos don't load in Moodle due to CORS error

Yannick Schillinger

Sep 22, 2023, 4:06:30 AM9/22/23
to Opencast Users
Hi all,

not sure what happened, because the integration with Moodle used to work just fine, but recently we noticed that videos don't load anymore. The error is:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://***.***.***/static/mh_default_org/api/***/***.mp4. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 206.

As a workaround, we added the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header on the reverse proxy, but this shouldn't really be necessary, right?

Opencast 14.3.0 running in Docker
Moodle 4.2.2+ (Build: 20230920)
Opencast Video Provider v4.1-r1

s.la...@googlemail.com

Sep 22, 2023, 4:21:02 AM9/22/23
to Opencast Users, yannick.s...@gmail.com
Hi,

this happened to us too and we worked around it the same way, setting the needed header on the reverse proxy.
Opencast 13.10
Latest Moodle 4.1+
Opencast Plugins from Branch "Release_v4.1"

Sven

s.la...@googlemail.com

Sep 27, 2023, 8:07:25 AM9/27/23
to Opencast Users, s.la...@googlemail.com, yannick.s...@gmail.com
To amend my last post, to us it happened in the opencast editor too.
Our opencast backend (admin) and frontend (presentation) are being reached by different urls so we needed to add a CORS header for the backend url too.

Sven