Add an attachment to en event

Miguel Escriva Gregori

Apr 27, 2023, 8:41:22 AM4/27/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi!

We have transcribed some of our opencast events. Now We have a lot of vtt files that we need to add as attachments to those events.
We want to make a script to upload there files to opencast as attachments to the events.

I found the POST call /ingest/addAttachment, but It seems this call needs the mediapackage xml and I only know the ID.
Is there any way to get the xml from the id?

Or maybe there is a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Miguel

Rute Santos

Apr 27, 2023, 10:59:42 AM4/27/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi Miguel,

    Are there too many of these? We use the "Add Asset" feature in the
admin ui to do that, but you would have to do one-by-one... (or create a
script to mimic that).

    Thanks,

    Rute

Karen Dolan

Apr 27, 2023, 11:35:51 AM4/27/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi Miguel,

It’s not recommended to use the admin-ng API directly, but this is is the endpoint that the admin UI  Asset Upload feature uses:
https://stable.opencast.org/docs.html?path=/admin-ng/event#updateAssets-16

This is the admin UI Asset Upload javascript

What I’d try to do is watch the POST from that javascript to see what the message and components look like, then attempt to mimic that in your script.

Best,
Karen

Miguel Escriva Gregori

Apr 28, 2023, 6:34:20 AM4/28/23