Opencast

Selma Limbo

May 5, 2023, 11:31:41 AM5/5/23
to us...@opencast.org

HTTP ERROR 403 Forbidden

URI:/
STATUS:403
MESSAGE:Forbidden
SERVLET:default

Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.28.v20200408

I've an issue,  opencast is giving the above error in the browser.  I did an upgrade from 9-10. The ActiveMQ is refusing to start.  Please help

Greg Logan

May 5, 2023, 12:18:41 PM5/5/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi Selma,

We probably need some logging information here, but I would suggest stopping ActiveMQ, redeploying the ActiveMQ config (which might have changed), and then restarting ActiveMQ, then restarting Opencast.  If that still doesn't work then we need the Opencast log, which should give us a hint.

Thanks,

Selma Limbo

May 5, 2023, 12:51:07 PM5/5/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi G,

Thank you for the response

I must admit I am not fully good at OpenCast configuration,  I've however tried following the configuration setting on the docs.  Probably messed up the configurations in the process.  I can't access the server from home,  I will send my configuration file on Monday.  I will also send the logs.

thanks alot G

Selma Limbo

May 8, 2023, 4:26:32 AM5/8/23
to us...@opencast.org
Good day G,

I am now having access to my opencast.

This is my ActiveMQ status

[sudo] password for slimbo:
● activemq.service - Messaging and Integration Patterns provider
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/activemq.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2023-05-08 10:21:12 CAT; 62ms ago
  Process: 5915 ExecStart=/usr/bin/activemq start >/dev/null 2>&1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 5987 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Selma Limbo

Cell: (+264) 0813617478
Email: jessic...@gmail.com

Dietmar Zenker

May 8, 2023, 5:04:46 AM5/8/23
to Opencast Users, jessic...@gmail.com
Hi Selma,

we need the startup log messages which usually could be found in /var/log/opencast. Could you pls. attach this?
Did you upgrade JAVA to V. 11?

Greetings,
Dietmar